(Sr.) Logistics Specialist (fixed term contract)
External Posting Title(Sr.) Logistics Specialist (fixed term contract)Job DescriptionOverview:
The (Sr.) Logistics Specialist oversees and manages daily Supply Chain activities for International markets. He or she is responsible for movements of Commercial Product through the Supply Chain. The (Sr.) Logistics Specialist acts as liaison with internal and external customers and vendors. In addition, the (Sr.) Logistics Specialist analyzes cross functional and logistics processes and identifies/ implements solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain. The ultimate goal of the (Sr.) Logistics Specialist is to ensure desired customer service levels are met and to ensure continuous product supply.
• Oversee and manage daily supply chain activities for International markets; which encompasses: order management, customer service, shipment management, sales administrative activities, creation and review of shipping documentation, reporting sales/cost analysis
• Management of Customer Relationships - maintain high level of Customer Service
• Daily cross functional interaction with Logistics Partners/Providers, Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Biogen functions as it relates to coordination of shipments and product availability; all to ensure timely and continuous product supply
• Process the necessary ERP transactions according to standard operating procedures and SOx compliance guidelines. Perform Financial Month End Reconciliation for his or her markets
• Work with Quality Assurance to promote and maintain GxP compliance throughout the logistics network within the scope of the Logistics Team. Exceptions handling - Investigate exceptions, determine root causes, implement CAPAs and drive closure
• Drive efficiency in working with Logistics Providers/Partners; whilst balancing cost effectiveness, quality of the services provided and customer expectations. Analyze cross functional and logistics processes and identify/implement solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain and to ensure desired customer service levels are met.
• (Cross functional) project management and/or support. Participation in audits where requiredLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number29462BRQualifications
• Minimum of 4-5 years working experience, preferably in a Logistics / Supply Chain role or within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry or any other regulated industry such Food/Medical device
• Experience within an international and controlled environment
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Bachelor in Supply Chain related Education or Fachhochschule (Supply Chain/Export Expert “Logistikfachmann/Exportfachmann)Educationn/aAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Logistics, Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Operations, Science, Sales, Research