Junior Project Engineer
External Posting TitleJunior Project EngineerJob DescriptionOverview
As a member of the Global Engineering team, you will be responsible for executing a portfolio of capital projects ranging from small to large projects in the range of $0.5MM up to $3MM. Your primary role will be to support the Project and Construction Management leadership with the detailed design execution and construction of our Next Generation Manufacturing Facility in Solothurn, Switzerland.
1. Supports the Project and Construction Management Leadership in the execution of the Phase 1 NGM Capital project
2. Management of all aspects of a capital projects portfolio (various sizes) including budgets, schedule, engineering (Non-process), construction, coordination and safety. Aligns customer requirements with project goals, leads cross-functional teams works towards achieving project goals with respect to functionality, budget, safety, quality and schedule
3. Manages and monitors the activities of external engineering, construction managers and contractors on capital projects. Manages external support functions, such as: suppliers, vendors, engineering and construction contractors and consulting agencies
4. Provides support to Solothurn Manufacturing, Facilities and other site groups via post project investigations, studies and when applicable, consulting. Support may extend to other sites as assigned
5. Assists with the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures as required for the continuous improvement of functional group operations including training, contract development and capital project execution proceduresLocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryManufacturingRequisition Number28017BRQualificationsEducation & Skills:
• 2+ years of related industry experience or training or a combination of education, experience and training
• Engineering and project management experience in facility construction and/or retrofits of operating facilities in the Pharmaceutical Industry with some exposure to engineering, construction, commissioning and/or validation of capital projects
• Previous construction or architectural/engineering firm experience would be advantageous, but not critical as significant on the job training will be givenEducationBachelor's degree in a related fieldAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Project Engineer, Biotech, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Engineering, Science