Manager - Data Privacy EU
External Posting TitleManager - Data Privacy EU+Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities
• Privacy Programme Management - Assist the EU+ Privacy Director to ensure the company is executing the global privacy programme in compliance with EU and/or local regulations. This includes SOP development, EU governance and communication/training to employees, being a resource for affiliate-level responsible governance lead (S&G role) and advising on local data protection, data handling standards, etc.
• Privacy by Design - Assist the EU+ Privacy Director in building and maintaining a privacy impact/risk assessment process designed to identify privacy risks on a periodic basis and develop plans to address those risks and to ensure incorporation of privacy by design into Biogen data processing procedures.
• GDPR Compliance - Assist the EU+ Privacy Director in implementing measures throughout the region to ensure compliance with the GDPR requirements by May 2018, specifically new accountability requirements e.g. creation and maintenance of registers of data processing activities and a privacy impact assessment process for new processing activities.
• Business Consultation - Work with EU business partners to understand new use cases and operational procedures for new business scenarios involving internal or external data handling.
• Monitoring and Compliance - Monitor EU and country specific regulatory activities to ensure awareness of changes in regulatory environment.
• Audit and Assess - Support ongoing measurement and auditing on overall effectiveness of the EU privacy office and execution of privacy policies and standards, both internally and by third party vendors.LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryITRequisition Number29158BRQualificationsQualifications
At Biogen we focus not only on results but also on how we achieve our success. As part of our Culture of Excellence we stress the value of collaboration as we strive to Care Deeply, Work Fearlessly, and Change Lives. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Deep understanding of personal data and broad knowledge of data across the business. Ideally this would be in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry, but relevant experience from other consumer/regulated industries would also be considered.
• Technical aptitude and understanding of IT systems and their connection to data collection and processing.
• Keenly-developed business partnering and collaboration skills, adept at establishing and sustaining effective working relationships, both within and between departments.
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment.
• Team player.
• Excellent people skills.
• Building and managing peer and management-level relationships through achievement of results, accountable to schedule, and allocation of resources and meeting customer needs.
• Ability to explain complex concepts in simple ways.
• Project management skills with the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
We would expect successful candidate to have both relevant experience and potential for further growth. We anticipate successful candidates will have:
• Minimum of bachelor degree, masters or law degree.
• Roughly 5+ years’ experience in jobs of increasing responsibility, 4+ years of related experience in legal or data-driven roles and 2+ years of experience in privacy preferred.
• Fluency in English required, business-level fluency in other European languages preferred.
• Experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.Education
• Minimum of bachelor degree, masters or law degree.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Database, Biotech, Data Management, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Technology, Science, Data, Management