Data Center Engineer
External Posting TitleData Center EngineerJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
The role is responsible for the daily operations and management of the Solothurn data center. This includes rack/stack in the data center, handle and oversee vendors, logistics handling, and incident resolution. The role should partner with Facilities around preventative maintenance and ongoing delivery of power and cooling to the data center. As needed, the role should provide support on the windowns platform and help local IT manage and escalate any incidents as appropriate. In addition, the role should integrate with data center operations and windows operations teams to help support other international sites as needed as part of a global service delivery organization. It is expected the role will participate heavily in defining local processes and procedures to optimize workflows in support of the IT services provided at the site. With the role comes a need to perform off hours and weekend work at times, including being part of an on-call rotation.
1. Manage the Solothurn data center infrastructure, which includes rack and stack logistics (shipping/receiving of new hardware), data center rack and stack, cable management, data center provisioning, coordination with Facilities team, manage incidents and tasks, vendor management, and taking the lead during outages locally
2. Manage regional/international data center infrastructure. Assimilate with global IT service delivery teams to provide outstanding customer service and meticulous data center management in all aspects of the data center operations internationally. For this role, this also includes being part of the Windows server team.LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryITRequisition Number28237BRQualifications3 - 5 years' experience
The resources should have a fairly broad background in the data center space and some basic understanding of the Windows server platform.
Hands on experience with the following is preferred:
• Understanding of cooling, electrical solutions, and applications for data center infrastructures
• Good understanding of network technologies
• Data center technologies:
o Configuration and management of Power Distribution Units (Emerson, ServerTech, APC preferred)
o Configuration and management of smaller UPS solutions (APC SMART-UPS)
o Configuration and management of environmental monitoring solutions (APC)
o Structured cabling solutions (copper, fiber)
o Remote power management and KVM solutions (Opengear and Avocent preferred)
o Data Center Infrastructure Management solution (Struxureware Data Center Operations and Expert preferred)
• Basic knowledge of current and coming server infrastructures such as blades and HCI
• Knowledge and understanding of virtualized environmentsEducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalentAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Database, Biotech, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, System Administrator, Technology, Science, Engineering