Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Drug Product/ Drug Substance)
External Posting TitleSr. Supply Chain Planner (Drug Product/ Drug Substance)Job DescriptionOverview
The Senior Supply Chain Planner is a member of the Commercial Supply Chain team and is responsible for the planning and coordination of commercial Drug Substance (DS) & Drug Product (DP)
• The role develops supply and inventory plans based on dependent Finished Goods demand, inventory targets and CMC activities
• This position is able to deal with high level of ambiguity and complexity, anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and complex decisions. The influencing and negotiation skills are important for this role as interactions and buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers are key
• Ensure demand and supply alignment through Supply Chain Planning. Understand main drivers impacting this process: demand changes, capacity, inventory targets, CMC variations, and Regulatory implementation windows. Ensure changes and variances in demand and supply are analyzed and if necessary, modifications to the plan are proposed within guidelines. Management of Internal/External Customer Relationships, ensuring compliant supply, and maintaining the agreed level of Customer Service. Lead and coordinate cross-functional activities/teams within Global Supply Chain to ensure uninterrupted market supply
• Create and maintain a 24-month supply plan on a monthly basis that balances changing market conditions, capacity constraints, target inventory levels, and CMC variations. Translation of the dependent supply requirements plan into production requirements for Biogen manufacturing facilities and Contract Manufacturers. Ensure understanding and alignment of priorities and timelines. Ensure that appropriate orders and forecast figures over required horizon (of at least 24 months) are communicated to the proper stakeholders. Monitor the execution of the plan for the firm horizon
• Ensure that inventory is kept at target level and highlight discrepancies and risks. Minimize risk of inventory obsolescence though inventory analysis, evaluating demand changes, remaining shelf life restrictions, and CMC variation restrictions. Perform scenario analysis in support of different business needs such as product life cycle management, impact of demand changes, contingency plans
• Support product launches and process changes in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (Regulatory, Commercial, Quality Assurance, External Manufacturing, Internal Manufacturing, International Artwork Development team)
• Ensure compliance. Work with Quality Assurance to promote and maintain compliance. Exceptions handling/Investigate exceptions, determine root causes, implement CAPAs and drive closure
• Lead continuous improvement projects to drive expanded capabilities and improve the efficiency of existing processes. Provide supply chain process analyses and identify potential solutions in support of improvement projectsLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28291BRQualifications
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a Demand & Supply Planning role with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position in, the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
• Experience within an international and controlled environment is required
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to articulate recommendations and key decision points to senior management)
• Demonstrated experience reducing complex subjects to key points.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment. Great organizational skills to effectively balance a broad range of projects and tasks in parallel
• Project Management experience and ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Exceptional team player (ability to direct and participate in cross functional and management teams)
• Experience with MRP Demand and Supply Planning is a must. Experience with Supply Chain and Manufacturing planning tools, preferably: Oracle, Hyperion, Business Object, TrackWise, SAP, APO, Manugistics, JDE
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or similar education required
• APICS certification (or equivalent) preferred
• Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt is an assetEducation*LI-EU3About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Supply Chain, Supply, Database, ERP, Science, Operations, Technology