Senior Engineer Building Management Systems (BMS)
External Posting TitleSenior Engineer Building Management Systems (BMS)Job DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
Senior Engineer BMS will provide the support for the Functional requirements and software design for all BMS operated systems.
He will also be the system owner of the BMS system and all site based PLC’s.
This person will be the key interface between Siemens and Jacobs during the software design phase of the project for black utilities, clean utility generation and distribution and all HVAC’s.
She/He will create software design specifications, implements new control strategies and develops test protocols. Performs support during start-up and troubleshoots the BMS system and PLC based equipment.
1. Subject matter expert for site facility BMS system, support operational enhancements and implementation of continuous improvement projects. Ensures that BMS and PLC software documentation is up to date and accurate.
2. Troubleshoots software and hardware in conjunction with other trades
3. Creates and maintains systems that promote safety and comply with all safety procedures and regulations. Ensures that HAZOP review suggestions are incorporated in the BMS design (if applicable) and participate in bi-annual Hazop reviews if applicable (If changes or modifications are implemented)
4.Life cycle management of all BMS and PLC software on site as well as other related Technical software (VSD’s, DOL’s, profibus network settings and related equipment…) Together with the RE he/she will be also actively participate in the change management process for software changes on the BMS and PLC systems.
5. Maintains training, develops goals and tracks progressLocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28511BRQualifications- At least more than 5-8 years’ experience working as a Maintenance Engineer or Software engineer, in Building Management activities ( (GMP) manufacturing environment experience is an asset)
- Excellent understanding Building Management Systems and utility Systems
(Chillers / Boilers / Air Compressors / Electrical systems / HVAC / chilled water / sprinkler systems ….)
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of Siemens Desigo and Siemens S7 PLC’s is highly recommended.EducationBachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical/ automation engineering or equivalent by experience.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Manager, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Science, Management, Engineering