Continue your career in Project Communication
External Posting TitleContinue your career in Project CommunicationJob DescriptionThe Global Engineering Team is responsible for execution and construction of Biogen's Next Generation Manufacturing Facility in Solothurn, Switzerland. This position’s primary role will be to support the Project and Construction Management leadership with developing detailed communication materials within the project team and for distribution to a wider audience within the overall organization. For the right candidates this is a springboard for a career and a unique opportunity to bring your capability and drive to life in a biotechnology company that is committed to changing lives.
You will be hired as project engineer with focus on communication, where your tasks will be to:
• Develop progress posters that communicate information about the project that will be used within the organization to keep other sites informed about the project.
• Organize and facilitate alignment meetings between the functional groups on the project site, including follow-up with action items etc.
• Develop and upkeep integrate project orientation decks that will be updated regularly to enable project team members to share updates with other functional groups within the overall organization.
• Assist with preparation of and development of supporting documentation for internal Governance Meetings.
Further you will be exposed to various projects and start building your own network of dedicated and professional colleagues. Based on your motivation and performance Biogen offers a range of development opportunities. You will be encouraged to create a development plan to help you stay focused on your professional and personal growth.LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28926BRQualificationsThere could be several ways leading into this position.
• 2+ years of related industry experience or training or a combination of education, experience and training
• Engineering and project management experience in facility construction and/or retrofits of operating facilities in the Pharmaceutical Industry with some exposure to engineering, construction, commissioning and/or validation of capital projects
• Previous construction or architectural/engineering firm experience would be advantageous, but not critical as significant on the job training will be given
• Basic knowledge of industry standards and guidelines, such as, AAALAC, ASME BPE, ISPE Baseline Guides, CFR’s, OSHA, etc.
• Basic project management skills would be valuable with some experience in the principles of estimating and scheduling; cost controlling and monthly project reporting.
• Proficiency in English and German required (good knowledge of French and/or Italian is a plus)
• Advances skills particually in Power Point, word processing, Excel, and the graphic interface tools that are required to create a visual story.EducationBachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Project Management, or Communications.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for secondary progressive MS, Alzheimer’s Disease, spinal muscular atrophy, lupus and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), amongst others.
With more than 7,500 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Communications, Pharmaceutical, Facilities, Science, Marketing, Research, Operations