Supervisor, Cell Culture Manufacturing
External Posting TitleSupervisor, Cell Culture ManufacturingJob DescriptionBiogen is building a new, next-generation Biologics Manufacturing Facility in Luterbach, Canton Solothurn, Switzerland. This Facility will be built to meet the rising global demand for high quality medications and to expand Biogen’s production capacities.
To support this project, we are looking for experienced Supervisors, Manufacturing who will be key contributors in setting-up a new production site. In this new role, you will manage and develop a team of Manufacturing Associates to administer Biogen’s applicable policies and procedures and will represent manufacturing in cross-functional teams.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your leadership, technical capability and passion to a world-class biotechnology company.
• Schedule and direct daily manufacturing activities in the 18K Cell Culture area
• Technical responsibilities include, but not limited to, aseptic seed manipulation, Delta V controlled bioreactors, centrifugation, analytical lab equipment for sampling, as well as use of electronic batch documentation
• Perform manufacturing activities according to cGMP guidelines, ensuring batch execution, evaluating test results, resolving issues, troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for resolution
• Coordinate and draft revisions to automated batch documents
• Hire and develop a well-functioning team - focusing on values and culture.
• Establishment of goals and development plans for employees.
• Train Manufacturing Associates on process activities, including safety and cGMP requirements.
• Supervises validation activities, ensuring proper and timely execution of validation protocols.
• Coordinate manufacturing activities with other departments such as Quality, Materials Management, Manufacturing science, Validation, and Process Engineering.
*LI-DEN1LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryManufacturing, Clinical Operations, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number29468BRQualifications
• At least 5 years of solid practical experience with similar tasks, preferably with pharmaceutical processing in manufacturing or process development environment -within biotech, pharmaceutical or food production.
• Experience with startup of new facility would be beneficial
• Practical knowledge with cGMP's and understanding of biotech / pharma production processes and unit operations.
• Moderate to advanced knowledge of most processing equipment.
• Solid knowledge of the engineering and scientific principles associated with their areas of responsibility
• German and English fluent with good communication skills with all levelsEducation
•BS degree in Biotech or pharmaceutical or other relevant educational background from chemical industry, food industry, pharmaceutical or biotech industry.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biology, Cell Biology, Manager, Biotech, Engineer, Science, Management, Engineering