External Posting TitleAdministrative AssistantJob DescriptionWe are looking for an administrative assistant to provide professional secretarial and administrative support to four Senior Directors at our new manufacturing site in Luterbach. You will be responsible for all-around high quality administrative support and preparation of team correspondences plus Power Point presentations.
This job also includes assistance to the expat staff and families with items that they may need help with translation, phone calls where German language may be required, and be a resource that can answer questions for the expat employees or families.
This is an active and challenging role that requires an organized, forward thinking and proactive individual to provide reliable support to the head of four different functions including Project Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Facilities:
• Organize inter-functional and external meetings: Conference call facilitation, Manage and maintain electronic diaries/meeting calendars.
• Establish and maintain efficient office systems: Liaise with construction contractor’s administrative staff, suppliers and other staff, Liaise and co-ordinates with other administration staff across Europe and the US.
• Translation of correspondences in German (emails / letters).
• Coordination of onboarding of new employees or contract staff: Coordinate resources (computers, phones, desk, etc.) and welcome new staff.
• Arranging travel for the project team, working with the travel agency to organize airline tickets, hotels, rental cars for travel from CH to other locations.
For the right candidate this is a unique opportunity to bring your capability, drive and passion to life in a world-class biotechnology company.LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryGeneral & AdministrativeRequisition Number28925BRQualificationsYou have a relevant degree combined with solid experience in an administrative assistant capacity supporting senior level management. Consequently, you have already proven your ability to handle a variety of tasks of different complexity, as well as the ability to deal with all types of people in a global environment. Ideally your profile can be described as:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German. Good knowledge of French and/or Italian is a plus.
• Attention to detail and time management, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and busy workload
• Accustomed to dealing with confidential information whilst acting with integrity at all times
• Advanced IT skills, mastering the MS Office suite, in particular Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
As a person you have a diplomatic and service minded attitude. You way of working is independent with a high degree of precision and accuracy - even in stressful situations. You are a confident self-starter who is able to work pro-actively, think ahead and multi-task.
Please apply online before 26th September 2016.EducationYou have a relevant degree combined with solid experienceAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for secondary progressive MS, Alzheimer’s Disease, spinal muscular atrophy, lupus and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), amongst others. With more than 7,500 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Secretary, Biotech, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Science, Engineering, Research