Internship: Marketing, Communications, Events and Community Management
Fongit is Switzerland’s premier innovation incubator – accelerating startup success in Geneva since 1991. We are a private, non-profit foundation supported and financed by the State of Geneva.
We incubate a community of 55+ companies with 250 employees developing HighTech products in different sectors of innovation.
Fongit’s marketing and community engagement team create a vibrant exchange of information between startups employees, and external companies, building a good “buzz” at our incubator and in the digital media.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Experience of Event Management or Marketing & Communications is a plus
- Degrees in Business or Hospitality is a plus
- Able to energize and motivate others
- Extroverted, energetic “people person” with high customer focus
- Self-starter, who can manage their time well, while being a team player
- Action orientated, able to bootstrap projects and create value by quick wins
- Hands-on and able to set-up and run events (willing to do everything from writing and sending out the invitations, to moving the chairs, and bringing people into the event)
- Basic IT skills – social digital media, graphic design is a plus; affinity for Startup, geek culture.
- Community and event management, marketing and communications.
- 6 months, 100% occupation
The aim of this project is to create a vibrant exchange of information between startups employees, and external companies, building a good “buzz” at our incubator and in the digital media.
Project tasks would include among others:
- Networking startups together, and create a Swiss startup culture
- Organization and coordination of internal and external events, such as lunch time networking events consisting of presentations about key startup issues given by an expert, followed by networking over pizza and beer lunch. (50 attendees, at our offices)
- Communications of events and news using social digital media; marketing of Fongit – to our startups, external entrepeneurs and companies
- Implementation and execution of several project plans - manage projects, deadlines and optimize budgets.
- Serve as a key interface between Fongit, startups and external organisations
How to Apply:
Applicants should be in possession of a Swiss “Permis de Séjour” that is valid for the entire duration of the internship.
You can apply for this exciting growth opportunity by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Follow