Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Data Analyst/Senior Data Analyst
Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst
ü You are fascinated by the Internet and want to be part of the next revolution!
ü You like teams that are young, high-caliber, creative and fast-moving!
ü You are eager to learn and put your ideas into action!
ü You want to work with the best of the best!
1plusX is a Swiss high-tech startup founded by some of the most experienced entrepreneurs and
technologists the European Internet scene has to offer (ex Google, Bertelsmann, Swisscom, etc.).
Together our founders team has invented and launched products used by hundreds of millions of
users worldwide and already started numerous successful internet/ high-tech companies
1plusX builds and operates systems that use very general data from the web, mobile or TV
networks to calculate valuable and meaningful information for a broad spectrum of customers. We
employ highly talented engineers and use latest scientific results to generate competitive and
leading edge technology. Operating from Zurich, Switzerland we target the global market.
About the role
• Generate insights with high business impact based on careful analysis of large data sets
• Maintain global view of the data flow through the systems across different customers
• Write scripts using appropriate tools to extract, parse, clean, combine, and process data
from large scale raw data files (text/binary), logs, web and databases
• Perform exploratory and ad-hoc customer & internal analysis and queries on data
• Identify, analyze and investigate patterns, trends, and problems in data
• Find insights, suggest recommendations, and create visualizations
• Communicate results with engineering and business through presentations and reports
• Work closely with Product and Engineering team
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Math/Physics or equivalent
• Experience working on large datasets for exploratory analyses, insight generation, business
• A passion for problem-solving with an analytical approach and a hands-on mentality
• Fluency in SQL, experienced in one scripting language (Python/Perl/Bash) and one
compiled language (C/C++/Java/Scala/Go). Python and Scala are preferred
• Good understanding of statistical analysis
• Good communication, presentation and documentation skills
• Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig is a plus
• Fluent in English; German optional
Please apply via email to email@example.com
including a short statement of motivation and your CV