II-VI Laser Enterprise GmbH is a subsidiary of II-VI Incorporated and is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Together with II-VI OED (Optoelectronic Device) based in Warren, NJ, we develop and manufacture high performance semiconductor laser diodes for industrial, communications and consumer applications and are one of the leading laser diode manufacturing companies worldwide. Our diode products are highly complex and the production is carried out with modern semiconductor manufacturing equipment and procedures. Our employees are distinguished by innovative thinking and action, independence and quality awareness.
At our manufacturing site in Warren, NJ, we are currently seeking an experienced Product Engineer to oversee manufacturing flow, generate test plans and optimize test specifications. You will report directly to the Product Engineering Manager in Zurich and will be required to travel to Laser Enterprise headquarters (up to 20% of your time). In this role you will represent operations in development projects and transition new products to mass production. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who possesses problem solving and project management skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Monitor product performance, cost, yield, and delivery and drive improvements.
- Understand laser reliability requirements, verify lot validations results and release production lots.
- Review and approve process deviations and engineering changes.
- Query and analyze manufacturing and test data and apply statistical process control.
- Maintain product documentation and specifications.
- Coordination, monitoring, activities at both sites (Warren & Zurich), including personal exchange/contact with individuals.
- Ability to travel overseas.
- BS degree in engineering or similar discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience or the combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of product, yield, test or quality engineering experience preferably in a volume manufacturing environment. Experience in semiconductor, electronics or automotive industry a plus.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, and respond to quality audits. Effective communicator with co-workers, customers, suppliers and third party auditors.
- Skilled in data base and statistical software tools and familiar with enhanced quality systems.
- Basic Knowledge of laser diodes required (or the ability to acquire).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook, any database and or knowledge of Statistics programs (Minitab, Jump, etc.) is a plus (MS Access, SQL).
Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires that a candidate be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Laser Enterprise/ II-VI Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
We offer an attractive salary and an excellent benefits package designed to attract and retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits include a company-wide bonus incentive program, medical, dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, stock purchase program, computer purchase program and more.
Visit our website at: www.ii-vi.com
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug screening results and background check.
No agencies or phone calls please.