II-VI Laser Enterprise GmbH is a subsidiary of II-VI Incorporated and is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. We develop and manufacture high performance semiconductor laser diodes for industrial, communications and consumer applications and are one of the leading laser diode manufacturing companies worldwide. Our diode products are highly complex and the production is carried out with modern semiconductor manufacturing equipment and procedures. Our employees are distinguished by innovative thinking and action, independence and quality awareness.
To expand our engineering department in Zurich, we are looking for a:Chip Development Engineer (100%)Main Tasks:
- You design and develop GaAs-based VCSEL for high volume applications.
- You cover a broad range of activities in development and engineering projects, including chip design, process development, testing and implementation of new VCSEL generations.
- Leading your own and contributing to related projects you take care of aspects and activities in all stages of new product development. You plan, execute and monitor the key process development tasks in close collaboration with the manufacturing group.
- You verify and document the product compliance with internal and customer specs. You communicate results and project status inside and outside the organization.
- You run and manage your projects successfully, considering timelines, deliverables, resources and cost.
- You conduct research relative to assigned projects to understand and expand designs, technologies and manufacturing processes.
- You support product and process engineers providing expertise in analyzing, isolating and solving problems.
- You hold a master’s degree in Engineering or Scientific field (PhD preferred).
- You have collected more than 3 years of work experience in semiconductor laser engineering, laser physics and processes, assembly and test processes.
- Your excellent analytical and problem solving skills allow you to successfully design and evaluate experiments. Your technical expertise and your team-working capabilities support you in translating lab results into high-yielding and performing products.
- You are familiar with semiconductor manufacturing processes (wafer fabrication, mirror coating, assembly and testing) and are experienced in process design and control.
- You are familiar with the Lab characterization of lasers and material analysis.
- You are able to create effective working relationships with personnel at all levels of the organization as well as with outside suppliers and customers.
- Computer skills in MS Office including Access, mask design software, Labview and Comsol FEM tools.
You can expect an exciting and responsible task with attractive social- and employee-benefits in an international and high-tech environment in the center of Zurich.
Are you enthusiastic about this job advertisement? Are you ready for a new challenge in a dynamic organisation? Then we look forward to your complete application via email to: LaserEnterprise.Careers@ii-vi.com.
For further information please contact II-VI Laser Enterprise GmbH, Sonja La Hey (044 455 87 60), Binzstrasse 17, 8045 Zurich or visit our website at www.laserenterprise.com