Global Technical Manager Herbicides
Global Technical Manager Herbicides - (1603830)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- To design, communicate and implement technical development strategies for herbicides and innovative technologies, and exert challenging, strategic technical drive as the prime partner for technical counterparts in regions and key countries as well as Global functions, incl. business and research.
- To provide agronomic expertise and formulate options for innovative technical solutions, according to business and customer needs.
- To drive complex projects in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Drive strategic innovation and creativity in projects and solutions, focusing on key opportunities in line with herbicide business, development, and research strategies.
- Provide technical product positioning and design and communicate technical strategies for product use and development plans to deliver agreed business objectives. Be seen as the global herbicide expert in that area.
- Lead the technical assessment and development of new herbicide compounds, global formulation projects, from early field testing through to product launch, leveraging networks as required to ensure implementation of technical strategies.
- Translate performance data into compelling messages that appeal to customers and key influencers, actively looking for new approaches to enhance or re-position a product’s value proposition.
- Foster internal technical networking, and actively seek contacts with customers and key influencers.
- Lead Biological Project Teams to agree technical assessments and ensure implementation of technical strategies.
- Continually drive for technical excellence, seeking improvements and providing technical expertise
- Plan and coordinate harmonized field trial programs, adapted to regional and key country needs, ensuring efficient and timely delivery.
- Actively participate in global Project Teams, according to areas of responsibility.
Qualifications Critical experience
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Proven track-record of delivery of development projects.
- Experience in implementing and managing field trials as well as in data analysis and provision of technical recommendations.
- Globally recognized technical expert in agronomy and use of herbicides.
- Leadership and teamwork in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment, combined with creativity and the ability to plan and manage projects with an emphasis on results orientation, speedy delivery, and efficient use of resources.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, interest in new technology, verbal and written communication.
- Ability to interpret data to extract added-value, market-oriented messages and commercial platforms.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity / complexity / uncertainty.
- Ability to balance and manage technical risks.
- Herbicides in maize and soybean experience in the European Union
Critical leadership capabilities
- Is focused on customers and is dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Builds a culture of innovation – creates an environment that supports creativity, and coached people to spark innovation.
- Manages for performance – skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Confident to share and defend a technical view.
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-Basel
Job: Product Biology