Postdoctoral Fellow - (1602843)
About Syngenta:Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About the job:
This is an industrial post-doctoral position within Syngenta Process Technology Department in Münchwilen, Switzerland. The role will be based in a specialist group focussed on the fundamental understanding of key chemical processes in development. Activities include the investigation and analysis of challenging chemical reactions to support understanding, scale-up and process operations.
- Conceive, plan, prioritize and execute technical projects
- Organize and implement technical programs to timelines
- Ensure compliance of HSE (Health, safety and environment) to Syngenta standards
- Seek, retrieve and analyze critical information
- Apply knowledge creatively to solve problems
- Communicate inspirationally and regularly on project activities
- Build networks within the team, the department and with other functions
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- Strong background in Organic Chemistry in the areas of Methodology, Catalysis and Synthesis
- Direct experience and interest in the areas of Mechanism, Kinetics, Catalysis, Physical Organic Chemistry and Reaction Understanding
- Experience in working with mechanistic modelling software for chemical reactions and process simulation would be an advantage (e.g. Dynochem)
Good general analytical knowledge for application to small molecules, chemical reaction analysis and process profiling (PAT) - eg. ReactIR, Raman, NMR etc.
Primary Location: CHE-Muenchwilen-Muenchwilen
Job: HR Gnrl Mgt & Other