Event Coordinator, 80%
Location: Zürich, starting immediately
Founded in 1973 by the CEOs of global insurers, The Geneva Association is an international
insurance think tank that produces and distributes high-quality research and analysis on global
strategic insurance and risk management issues.
Our research promotes policy-related and public discussions among our members, academics,
standard setters, policymakers, governments, international organisations and the public at large.
The objective is to educate and develop understanding on the unique role and importance of
insurance in economies and for societies through publications, conferences and active discourse
with policymakers and others. The Geneva Association takes an active role in discussions with
policymakers, central bankers, regulators and supervisors on behalf of the insurance industry.
We are looking for an Event Coordinator to support the Head of Membership Office in the
organisation of all Geneva Association events, seminars and conferences.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Ensure the smooth preparation of executive/high level events of the Geneva Association:
supporting participants, speakers, panel lists and suppliers (internal and external), prior to,
during and after the event
- Handle administrative tasks, database for event participation and follow up with different departments, ensure event logistics such as hotel, transportation and catering
- Create webpage portals as pre-program information for participants and provide assistance to participants during the whole length of the events
- Assist for the annual scheduling of speakers and participants
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list (request for a response from the invited person)
- Coordinate and monitor participation of the event (attendances, cancellations)
- Ensure the ongoing update of the database (change of address, change of job title, etc.)
- Collecting and checking data from a variety of sources (external database, reports,
websites, emails, letters, etc.)
- Commercial diploma, degree in marketing or event management or an equivalent education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the organisation of high level conferences and events
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, by phone and by email, with high professionalism
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of additional languages desired
Interested candidates should send their CV and an accompanying covering letter to: