Product Strategy Lead - Immunology
Product Strategy Lead – Immunology - 5007T4
Description Primary Duties:
Accountable for the comprehensive strategy and lifecycle plan for a molecule across all functions. Ensures effective and coordinated implementation of the strategies through the leadership of the cross functional product strategy team and its sub-teams (which include representation from Commercial, Clinical Development, Global Medical Affairs, Tech Ops, Supply Chain; BD & other functions as needed) Establishes and refines a clear value proposition for the product that maximizes the benefit to patients, payers, prescribers, providers, and policymakers and therefore the portfolio’s value through the development of the molecule strategy and ensures the aligned implementation across the functions through effective communication, influencing, and timely identification of issues to make constructive solutions possible. The Transplant portfolio is currently composed of two assets (Marabavir for CMV and CINRYZE for AMR) that are pre-launch and forecasted to deliver a combined $500-750M by 2025. The leader would be directly responsible for approximately 2 people currently, and would also chair the cross-functional Transplant PST focused on growing existing brands as well as future device, indication, and asset expansion.
- Through leadership of the cross-functional Product Strategy Team (PST), set the strategic direction for products across designated geographical areas.
- Develop and deliver global product strategies, plans and budget recommendations.
- Ensure alignment to global product strategy and Franchise strategy. Contribute to the development of the relevant therapeutic area strategy. Provide oversight and on-going strategic direction to PST members and cross-functional commercial and product development project team leads. Establish and execute a key thought leader engagement plan. Actively seek feedback from customers and embed those needs into our offerings.
- Ensure product strategies are translated into clear goals and objectives for LPT members and sub-teams. Regularly interact with cross-functional team members, and functional management as required, to resolve issues and monitor progress. Accountable for elevating key issues and driving decisions, with the expectation of quick escalation to Franchise Head, etc. when necessary. Coordinate marketing activities with Geographic commercial teams – lead a robust P5 planning process (or similar set of golden interactions) Lead alliances/partnerships – accountable for the development and management of the partnership relationship
- Manage individual performance (ie, objective setting, evaluation, and feedback) of both direct reports (global marketing team) and cross-functional LPT members. Identify issues and proactively address them with functional supervisor to enable uninterrupted support. This includes hiring, onboarding, training, development, onboarding, and performance management. Create a high performing team culture that inspires purpose driven performance
- As part of the Franchise team, develop and ensure the execution of the long-term global strategy and objectives to meet the needs of the business. Act/lead with a general management mindset
Qualifications Education and Experience Requirements:
Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership roles in pharmaceutical development and / or commercialization
• Track record of strong strategic thinking, coupled with effective implementation.
• Agility to operate in a global environment with a demonstrated knowledge of key markets, in particular US, EU, Japan, LatAm
• Possesses deep insights into lifecycle management, including clinical development, pricing and market access dynamics, regulatory and technical requirements and effective commercialization
• Proven ability to develop a business case and flexibility to think in different scenarios
• Ability to select/evaluate talent and mold an effective team
• MS/BS in science or business required; Advanced degree a plus
15+ years pharmaceutical industry experience required, at least 5 of which in a leadership position.
Primary Location Switzerland-Zurich-Zurich