In Global Services keeping, and delighting, our Customers is one of our most important tasks. We believe in a complete cycle of customer success, improved revenue, and overall company growth. We are seeking a leader who will continue to build and evolve our customer success organization, and act as a catalyst to continuously improve the quality of our services and overall experience and success of our customers.
The role is focused on ensuring our customers success, driving growth/adoption of our technology as well as boost renewals and gleaning strategic insights that improve our product value. This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence our customers, and Autodesk’s, success.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Services, the Sr. Director of Customer Success Managers role will lead a team of 100+ employees with a budget of up to $27M.
is a high impact leadership position. It’s where strategy meets execution. You will help us evolve our customer success strategy by creating and implementing processes that help our Customers maximize success with our technology. You’ll lead the global team of Customer Success Managers responsible for customer management from onboarding to regular reviews of progress towards shared objectives and ultimately ensuring the retention, satisfaction and growth of the relationship. You will also manage an operational team and a programs team to ensure that you are tailoring your services to meet our Customer’s needs.
This is a challenging role that requires exceptional customer relationships, team building, a motivational style and analytical skills. The right candidate is truly passionate about customer advocacy and has a proven track record to talk about! Additionally you will have a focus on quality management; foster an environment of innovation and demonstrates the ability to articulate a vision of continuous operational improvement as a way of working and managing. This person, by nature, will be a conservative risk-taker, have a high level of ambition and thrive in an environment of change.
- Lead team of 100+ employees
- Size of budget up to $27M
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies to ensure customer success and margin optimization.
- Provide customers with success blueprints, service plans and business roadmaps that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, as well as provide recommendations.
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle, map the customer journey, develop listening points in the journey and create standardized interventions for each point in journey.
- Increase lifetime value of the Customer through greater advocacy and reference-ability; serving as a customer advocate in the evolution of Autodesk products and platform functionality integral to the customer's success.
- Engaging broadly across the Customer organization from management through to C-Level/Influencer as required
- Ensure customer feedback is clearly captured and conveyed internally to enable ongoing improvement of Autodesk products and services.
- Pro-actively assess the interactions with our top customers (product performance, depth and breadth of usage, Support experience)
- Manage your team to develop delivery plans that maximize the customer experience and achieve higher product adoption, customer satisfactionand overall health scores.
- Meld Customer Support activity into a coherent customer success organization with the singular focus of delivering the very best customer experience.
- Managing a global team of Customer Success Managers, assisting the Industry teams with key escalations and, where required, the production of best practice blueprints for the portfolio of customers.
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success Managers, defining operational metrics for team. Create cadence for review within team, Expose subset of metrics to executive team
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
- Attracting, hiring and retaining a group of Customer Success Managers, recruit experienced leaders for each functional role, attract high potential individual contributors into team, create rapid onboarding process for new team members, foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Working closely with Named Account Sales to identify new opportunities and facilitate transitions following initial or follow-on deployments.
- Minimum 12+ years experience leading customer facing organizations.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support.
- Demonstrated success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation.
- Strong financial acumen and a proven track record of continual enhancements to the design and results of service levels metrics within the candidate’s previous organization is a must.
- Able to balance providing exceptional service with the needs to improve financial performance, and increase revenue and profits.
- Demonstrated effective communication and strong executive presentation skills.
- Location will be specified on the requisition heading when posted and on the offer letter when the candidate is offered a position.
- Able to travel 30% of the time – mostly across the geographies