Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Director, Business Designfor our Zurich office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is recognised as one of the fastest growing software and design consultancies in the world (FORBES). We blend design and technology solutions to help businesses connect with their customers and grow their revenue. Through design-thinking we adopt a customer-centric view that helps to shape the service design strategy. Our teams focus on influencing change through strategic led consultancy and partner with design and technical teams to translate concepts into real business value for our clients.
This role is about helping to grow the EPAM design group within the Zurich region and with a specific focus on businesses within the financial services vertical. As EPAM continues to scale you will play an important role in helping to set the direction as we engage with more clients. By partnering with other EPAM offices across Europe and the United States you will contribute to the growth agenda by helping to build and manage teams, consult with potential clients about our consultancy services and shape our proposition over time.
To be successful, you will lead a team of service and business designers. You will be the key architect for shaping the entry point of conversations with senior financial services stakeholders. Through combining your market knowledge and design-thinking you will translate client needs into work-streams that the service design team can create. You will oversee service maps, personas and prototypes and lead the conversation with c-level stakeholders to visualize what the future could be.
Another core focus will be the lead teams and set goals that enable the team to utilize their skills across projects. Through coaching, leadership and mentoring you will grow an effective squad that can contribute to our strategy to grow our innovation consulting practice in Zurich.
- Strategic Direction:
- Identify and consult with tier 1 banks on how innovation can help them achieve long-term business goals;
- Partner with EPAM business units across Europe to drive consulting engagements forward;
- Keep abreast of developments within the financial services sector;
- Adopt influential consulting approaches to deepen your network with potential clients within the sector;
- Contribute to the business agenda by identifying potential consulting opportunities through cross-conversation with colleagues and industry events;
- Support the wider growth of the design group and help to firmly establish the practice as a critical component of the EPAM service offering;
- Collaborate with account managers, marketing and technical teams to position the design group for success.
- Team Leadership:
- Manage the Zurich studio and facilitate the best emotional setting for service and business designers;
- Coordinate teams across project management, design and UX to deliver on steams of work;
- Take responsibility for delivering expected outcomes on time, efficiently and effectively;
- Facilitate creative and strategic direction ensuring high quality standards;
- Shape service design concepts helping to develop compelling customer experiences and taking evolving concepts to the next level;
- Communicate effectively at all levels with clients and the EPAM multi-disciplinary team;
- Support the leadership team to run the design group and share ideas on how we can continue to scale our business globally;
- Become a central resource of information on key drivers that influence business outcomes and to be recognizable as an important thought-leader within client conversations.
- Advanced team management and leadership qualities;
- Excellent articulation and communication skills;
- Well-researched on common business challenges and obstacles within the Financial Services industry;
- Appreciation for factors that influence client business models within the future;
- Flexibility to travel.
Nice to have
- Experience leading design-thinking projects with c-level stakeholders;
- Well-versed in either Service Design or Business Consulting;
- Experience team leader with demonstrable examples of growing a team;
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness;
- Experience working with financial services clients;
- emonstrable examples of successful innovation/business consulting projects.