Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Big Data/Digital Enterprise Architectto make the team even stronger.
Within EPAM company we are planning to establish a Consultancy Branch to help top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technology issues and to advise them about new technologies. As a Digital Enterprise Architect, you will be responsible for conducting activities associated with selling core Business Consulting capabilities to leading organizations from different branches.
This role will be located in one of our CEE offices (Poland/Hungary) and includes up to 50% international travelling.
EPAM is not accepting resumes from recruiting or staffing agencies for this position.
- Design data analytics solutions by utilizing the Big Data technology stack Create and present solution architecture document with deep technical details;
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution;
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit and create review/audit report, calculate and present ROI;
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live";
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with potential customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to customer, participation in technical meetings with customer representatives;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices;
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture;
- Conduct advisory on creation of personal education plan for colleagues.
- Strong development background, 7+ years’ proven experience in hands-on development and architecture design;
- 1+ year’ production project experience with Big Data technologies in a multi-node analytic cluster experience. Preferred list of technologies (at least one technology from each of the below groups):
- Lambda architectures: Hadoop and MapReduce / Spark / Kafka;
- Batch analytics: Apache Hive / Pig / BigSQL / Cascading;
- (Near) Real-time analytics: Cassandra / MarkLogic / MongoDB / Storm.
- 3+ years of specific technology landscape experience (cloud computing – e.g. Amazon, Azure; BI – e.g.: Tableau, QlikView; ETL - e.g. scripting: Python, Bash, AWK);
- Experience in secure operation, Linux based environments;
- Experience developing multi-language web applications;
- Firm understanding of web application architectures, web services architectures, relational and non-relational data storages, web application front-end and/or backend architecture, solution cross-cutting concerns (security, monitoring, caching, etc.);
- Firm understanding of architecture and code design patterns;
- Understand performance issues and approach them systematically;
- Strong experience with multiple full lifecycle software development processes, approaches and methods (Agile, Scrum);
- Experience in team leadership;
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments;
- Fluent English;
- Valid EU Passport.
- Attractive salary and benefits based on your professional experience and skills;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Involving in an international projects with customers from Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, etc;
- Relocation package for the candidate and family members;
- Benefit package (health care, multisport card, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers, etc.);
- Participation in IT conferences and experience exchange with colleagues around the world;
- Grants of the cost of certification.