Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior UX Designerfor our Zürich office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is creating a ground-breaking design work across mobile, applications and desktop. We are blending creativity with world-class engineering capabilities to produce game-changing products and services to our clients across banking, retail, e-commerce, financial services and more. Ultimately, our goal is to use design to influence how management teams solve their business challenges.
In this role you will partner with a variety of clients across retail, travel, financial services and more. You will manage senior stakeholders through conducting workshops. The focus will be to translate business requirements into design deliverables, whilst conducting research and creating personas to get in the mind of the user. You will balance the business objective with the user experience to drive compelling design solutions. Working across multiple touchpoint and devices you will adopt a broader view of how customers interact with services. By partnering with service and visual designers you will collaborate to champion the user’s needs.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include sketching, creating wireframes, producing hi-fidelity prototypes and communicating with product owners/technical teams. This will be carried out in an iterative style within an Agile methodology. We value creativity and problem-solving. No project is entirely the same. Through the lens of the user, you will create design deliverables across native applications and responsive websites. Blending research, business requirements and problem-solving will push the design boundaries further. Output from the design studio is very high.
This is a prime opportunity to partner with senior stakeholders to help incorporate design into their wider business strategy. By pushing the limits and blending logic with creativity, you will improve the user experience. As our business scales across London, Manchester, Stockholm and Zurich you will partner with the wider EPAM business to use design to help shape how our clients connect with their customers.
EPAM is not accepting resumes from recruiting or staffing agencies for this position.
- Create wireframes for specific features and experiences;
- Lead multiple iterations and prototype ideas to test concepts;
- Build close relationships with Product Owners, technical teams and visual designers;
- Apply excellent commercial acumen to translate business requirements into design thinking;
- Be an advocate of user-centered design principles;
- Influence and manage shifting stakeholder requirements;
- Estimate effort from development teams in “epic estimation meetings”;
- Design across native applications (including IOS) and web portals;
- Work within a continuous improvement environment to push creativity into the design response;
- Play a key role in managing the client relationship whilst onsite with the client;
- Map out customer journeys through new business features and understand touchpoints.
- Creation of hi-fidelity prototypes using InVision or similar tools;
- Excellent communication and client leadership ability;
- Experience working within agile processes;
- Previous FS or Wealth Management experience is a bonus;
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable to set direction and guidance;
- What we look for in a portfolio:
- Please apply with a CV and portfolio sample or website;
- Provide “annotations with an explanation of decisions made” for each outcome;
- Polished, easy-to follow and well-presented work samples;
- Clear examples of prototypes, user journeys and wireframes;
- Evidence of what you have produced as opposed to a group.