Senior Java Developer with UNIX experience
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Developer with UNIX experiencefor our Zürich office to make the team even stronger.
- Develop, implement and manage computing systems software;
- Provide high unit test coverage;
- Perform routine software maintenance;
- Document all programming tasks and procedures;
- Perform analysis, design, programming and testing;
- Recommend and implement design solutions for technical specifications;
- Troubleshoot and resolve any code issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience;
- Using various OS/shell commands, editors and file systems in Linux and/or UNIX and Windows. Knowledge of scripting shell commands;
- Knowledge of the Object Oriented paradigm;
- Experience with usage of Design Patterns and Architectural Patterns;
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and utilizing vendor supplied application programming interfaces (API)s;
- Knowledge of Web servers (e.g., IHS or Apache, etc.), web server configuration concepts;
- Administer and utilize Application servers (e.g., Tomcat, WebSphere, etc.);
- Knowledge of Web technologies (e.g., XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, JAX-WS, Apache CXF, JS, JSP, etc.);
- Knowledge of Messaging solutions (e.g., JMS, IBM WebSphere MQ);
- Deep understanding of the Spring Framework, and EJBs;
- Ability to use build tools like Maven, Ant, Ivy;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of relation with File System like NFS, FTP, etc;
- In-depth knowledge of the Java platform;
- Using formal IT change control philosophy to administer various tiers of enterprise-level applications (development, stage, production). Includes creating formal change control documentation;
- Work experience with Software Development Methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle;
- Experience demonstrating skill partnering with clients from project inception to project completion;
- Extensive experience in preparing work-plans, estimates, and resource utilization;
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or a modified schedule, including being stand-by on a rotating or emergency basis, working evenings, holidays and weekends, as required;
- Must successfully pass the Criminal History Records Check.
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Opportunities for self-realization;
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Corporate and social events.
Learn about working in Switzerland