Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Project Managerfor our Geneva office to make the team even stronger.
Reporting to Delivery Account Director/Engagement Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating project(s) streams. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the Project Sponsor, and ensuring quality control throughout project lifecycle are central to the position.
- Agreeing achievable deliverables with the customer within any specified constraints of time and cost;
- Planning the release. Collaborating, facilitating, coordinating (with other teams) creating a high level delivery plan.
- During implementation:
- Customer stakeholder management: ensuring effective and timely communication and provision of information to project governance authorities and stakeholders not actively engaged in the project with agreed and appropriate level of frequency and formality;
- Coordinating the release. Iterations and teams both serve a larger purpose – frequent, reliable, and continuous release of value-added software. During the course of each release, any technical and content dependencies across teams need to be identified and addressed. The project manager leads and facilitates this process;
- Monitoring and responding to change vs baseline delivery plan;
- Identifying and managing external dependencies and risks;
- Motivating and ensuring autonomy of the team;
- Point of escalation and on-site help to the team;
- Administration of EPAM internal tools for resource planning, time keeping and project monitoring.
- University degree;
- 3+ years of experience in project/program management;
- Familiarity with Agile software development (SAFE);
- Experience in managing a distributed team;
- Familiarity with project management tools and software (MS Project, etc.);
- Experience dealing with senior members of the user community and business executives;
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies;
- Practical experience in agile project delivery;
- Experience in preparation of business cases and project definitions;
- Delivery focused and flexible in approach person;
- Strong team player who will also promote an effective team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to adapt delivery style and language to suit the audience;
- Ability to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences, where necessary resolving conflict and complexity by delivering practical and agile solutions;
- Strong personal ownership and commitment to quality, desire to contribute and speak up with a view or opinion, and add value by questioning and probing where necessary to ensure a thorough and robust solution at each stage in the project lifecycle;
- Commitment to the business users and self-motivation to take ownership of issues and initiatives; drive, energy and enthusiasm to any particular initiative, inspiring others to continually perform at their best;
- Ability to form and maintain key relationships of mutual trust and respect, which fosters a climate of collaboration;
- Ability to win respect by working with people at all levels across technology, change and within the business;
- Ability to solve complex problems (business process, functional and system), understanding the bigger picture and priorities to ensure optimal outcomes;
- Ability to mentor and develop project under their direct management control and within overall Programme team;
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment;
- Experience managing a project management team;
- Excellent leadership and problem solving skills;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with clients, plus the ability to work effectively as a virtual member of a dynamic, dispersed team and to meet deadlines.
Nice to have
- Formal project management processes and tools;
- Management of global projects;
- Financial Services industry experience;
- Commodity trading industry experience;
- Knowledge of Russian.
Learn about working in Switzerland