What’s the deal?
- Web software creation! As a member of our engineering team, you can get involved in brainstorming, architecture, development, testing, integration, delivery, and operations. What you end up doing depends as much on you as on us. We want you to be free to develop your skills precisely where your passions lie.
What are our methods, languages, technologies, etc?
- You’re not going to find a lot of dogma at DEEP IMPACT: we use agile and waterfall concepts as needed – no project is the same. We write in statically and dynamically typed as well as compiled and interpreted languages. We run quite a few databases (SQL or No), and don’t limit ourselves to a single framework. We do however strike a balance between the introduction rate of new tech vs. the need to maintain a stable and productive ecosystem. Here’s a couple of keywords to give you an idea of what we currently use: VanillaJS, AngularJS, React / Flux(Alt), SCSS, Less, Apache, nginx, PHP, Java, Play Framework, Jetty, Clojure, Yada, Ring, SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, TitanDB, Datomic, DynamoDB, Docker, AWS, CircleCI, Github, CQRS, DDD, Design Sprint.
Who are we looking for?
There is no ready-made mould we are waiting to cast you into. We’re open to fresh talent, seniors, as well as to gurus. However we do have the following areas of focus for this position:
- Strong experience in Clojure development
- Perfectionism tempered with a great sense of responsibility to deliver.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Proficient in English
- Knowledge of German is welcome, but not required.
- Above all, you are hungry to learn, to share, and confident in your ability to build. And yes, we do hope the keywords above don’t all mean gobbledygook to you!
Note: due to current legislation, we can unfortunately only hire you if you are a national of one of these countriesor a Swiss resident with at least a B permit. Please know that we find this situation extremely regrettable. If you are interested in working in Switzerland, you can look forward to living in a country which consistently reaches top scores in quality-of-life rankings, and work in a comfortable office with lots of amenities (check out our company page).
About Deep Impact AG
- We are a young company of 28 women and men who are building online software with an !MPACT. We design, engineer, manage, and write beautiful web projects. We also build our very own products – these products allow us to develop innovative services that will change the web as we know it. We value stability, security, performance, and flexibility. We also love new and shiny. Our technology stack and our architectures reflect this: solid foundations with allowance for lots of experimentation on top.