Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Technology Publications and Events Manager
Expiry date:00:00, 04 November 2017Location:Geneva, SwitzerlandSalary:CompetitiveBenefits:CompetitiveAttachment:PDTechnologyPublicationsandEventsManager2016.pdf
The successful candidate will have experience in managing events, be a proficient writer in English and be able to manage website projects. Reporting to the Director of Technology and Innovation, the role will liaise closely with the engineering staff in the Department who are world-renowned experts in their respective fields.
The Technology Publications and Events Manager is responsible for the quality of the delivered technical publications and technical contributions to policy papers.
Oversee the production process ensuring production and distribution of the Tech-i quarterly magazine and the EBU Technical Review in a timely manner liaising where necessary with Head of Communications or nominated representative.
Manages, develops, and controls the EBU Technology & Innovation web site (tech.ebu.ch) in coordination with relevant specialists.
Manages the exhibition presence of the EBU Technology and Innovation Department in coordination with the Head of Strategic Events.
Encourages and coordinates the submission of technical papers by the Department to appropriate international conferences.
Encourages staff, drives contributions and initiates topics for the social media presence of Technology and Innovation for example on sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, as per our Social Media Guidelines.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree, subject: Communications, Electronics or Engineering, Publications
Languages: Native in English, Proficient in French
Professional Skills and Experiences: 5+ Years of experience in a similar job discipline
- Understanding, interest and network within the industry
- Understanding and interest of technology evolution (tech-savvy)
- Demonstrated ability to edit and write a wide range of materials for a diverse target audience with advanced knowledge of computerized editing and publishing software.
- Proven track record of publication experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and monitor staff, work plans, contractors and consultants and has the drive to initiate, create and motivate.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the following: digital photography, video productions, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects with varying timelines while also responding to short term demands as they arise.
- Proven ability to manage conferences and seminars
More info in the job description attached.
We will not accept any applications after the closing date and we will contact directly the candidates.
ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL WILL BE CONSIDERED.