As a key member of a growing Global Enablement team, the Global Sales Certification and Curriculum Leader will manage the end-to-end process for bringing sales training courses to market.
The leader will create, improve, update, simplify and develop sales training that is targeted to our sales rep’s roles.
This leader will promote a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, skills excellence and process rigor to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales force.
This role actively leads and creates training programs and certifications to advance GE Digital sales opportunities across all product suites and verticals.
This role is responsible for the effectiveness and impact of sales training programs including the development and delivery of learning programs and certifications targeted for GED’s globally dispersed sales teams.
This role works in conjunction with leaders that deliver enablement to new hires, inside sales teams, regional global teams, partners and alliances, cross p&l GE businesses and developers and a strong working relationship with these leaders is essential.
Develops and maintains a structured Certification and Curriculum vision, roadmap and course maintenance plan by role and expertise level.
Create and deliver a quarterly enablement strategy that supports overall business objectives for the Global GED organization.
Evolve the strategy as regional and role business needs change.
Influence and lead a matrixed global team and project team consisting of sales, field marketing, product marketing and communications.
Oversees the course development process end-to-end from concept through localization and launch.
Conduct course beta tests with target sales audiences in global regions if needed.
Work with regional leaders to identify issues impacting enablement strategy and collaborate to resolve.
• Research and analyze the needs of students, business partners, support organizations and other stakeholders to determine the knowledge, skills and abilities that should be certified
• Create competency frameworks and certification exams, performance assessments, and education requirements that map to these frameworks
• Coordinate with GED leaders and partners to define and manage the benefits associated with the certification program
• Project manage the entire lifecycle of the certification programs from initiation, design, development, maintenance, support and retirement
• Apply expertise and knowledge of industry standards to the certification programs
• Lead the development of relevant, valid, technically accurate and defensible certification exams and follow-up with psychometric quality assurance reviews
• Build, maintain and support exams and reporting requirements
• Create and maintain program documents including policies, procedures, exam blueprints, student and trainer tutorials, voucher logs, reports, etc.
• Ensure the highest level of service by eﬀectively managing vendors and supporting students and trainers
• Implement and maintain communications with leadership, stakeholders, partners and students
• Research and analyze new trends in certification and accreditation programs and bring new ideas to management
• Support geography leaders and program managers globally
• Manage the translation and publication process for translated exams
• Provide monthly updates on key metrics showing progress and status of success and initiatives• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree/MBA a plus
• Proven experience in sales and/or sales enablement, training & development with demonstrated success leading global teams
• Strong instructional design background managing SMEs, writers, instructors and team of resources to deliver content for enablement.
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility in relation to work asks and
• Product or Industry Marketing experience strongly desired
• Experience designing and rolling out Certification/Curriculum/Testing programs
• Consulting and large program/project management expertise
• Strong knowledge of adult learning principles
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the organizational matrix
• Credible presentation skills with experience delivering to executives, large audiences and internal business executives.
• Must be able to travel 25%+ of the time.• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment juggling and executing on multiple priorities
• Experience building, delivering and monitoring successful sales enablement programs that included a solution/value selling framework, sales enablement tool kits and effective metrics and reinforcement that changed sales behavior and improved outcomes
• Analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on business needs and priorities to go beyond the status quo
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
• Deep understanding of Salesforce.COM
• Knowledge of broader GE strategies and priorities
• Familiarity with individual GE business’ products, strategy and priorities