Digital Thread Parts Leader
Job Number2706221BusinessGE PowerBusiness SegmentPower Power Generation ServicesAbout UsGE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!Posted Position TitleDigital Thread Parts LeaderCareer LevelExperiencedFunctionInformation TechnologyFunction SegmentBusiness SolutionsLocation(s) Where Opening Is AvailableSwitzerland
CityBudapest, Baden, AtlantaPostal Code1138Relocation AssistanceNoEssential Responsibilities
I. Role/Overall objectives:
- Lead Parts Digitization and transformation efforts into a combined Power Services Platform.
- Lead Sales and Operations Planning digitization efforts for the Power business: Focus around rationalising the forecasting tools and process for the combined business
- Envision multi-year VCP roadmap and support the business in the S&OP maturity curve
- Evaluate disruptive technologies including advanced 3D printing technology to understand the feasibility and potential business models.
Qualifications/RequirementsEducation: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
II. Key Accountabilities/Execution:
- Expert on Supply Chain Management principles and the implementation of those principles using ERP systems / Pillar applications.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned area’s systems, organization, and business processes.
- Responsible for translating high-level forecasting and planning business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Standardize PMx usage across legacy Alstom
- - Parts ERP planning and kick off
- - Drive legacy Alstom demand through expanded Legacy PGS fulfilment centres
- - Global inventory visibility, ATP, and scenarios analysis
- Project to evaluable advanced 3D printing technology to understand the feasibility and possible business models.
- Provide functional support during the monthly Power S&OP business cycles
- Engage in Power IT projects to implement new Oracle VCP functionality and applications
Experience / requirements:
• Strong experience in the field of Information Technology
• Familiar with major business applications & support methodologies
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel
• Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions
• Comfortable with being the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Periodic off-hours support for go-lives or major support issues
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experienced working with Oracle Development & Support to address issues and enhancement requests
• Striong hands-on experience with Oracle VCP
• Familiarity with Oracle Strategic Network Optimization, Collaborative Planning, Production Scheduling, Global Order Promising, Rapid PlanningDesired Characteristics• Experience in the engineering / services industry
• Ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
• Flexibility to travel when needed
• Green Belt Certified
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Established project management skills
• Prior experience with Oracle APCC, ASCP, Demand Planning, Demantra Demand Management and Advanced Forecasting, Demantra Sales and Operations Planning and Inventory Optimization