He/she will be accountable for the strategy and delivery of programs to enable GE Digital field teams with the skills, knowledge, tools and processes to successfully engage with prospects and customers, identifying and devising solutions that will address their priority business outcomes.
This leader will promote a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, skills excellence and process rigor to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Europe sales forces.
This role will oversee: the maintenance and enhancement of the GE Outcome Selling Methodology for Account & Opportunity planning, the development and dissemination of selling tools to support the methodology (e.g. sales playbooks, value estimation tools, demo scripts, etc.), new hire and tenured staff skills and solution training, and the design and delivery of enablement interventions to change behavior and elevate performance to meet business goals and requirements.
The Enablement Leader will ensure his/her team:
• Acts as a centralized conduit for content, communications and tools that need to reach the sales organizations
• Liaise with the global Enablement team in conjunction with product management and product marketing to design & build appropriate content for all internal and partner sales functions
• Partner with Marketing Operations to manage & distribute sales content (both internal reference tools and customer-facing materials)
• Collaborate with Commercial Excellence & Sales Operations to Evaluate the effectiveness of enablement initiatives to test if they are achieving the desired business impact
• Partner with HR to create and maintain role-based competency models for all levels and variations of sales roles. Develop curriculum and development paths for each role.
• Regularly assess the sales force to determine strengths and gaps, and devise enablement programming to raise the bar in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Select and manage skills and knowledge assessment tool(s)
• Deploy and manage a sales certification program for employees and make available to sellers in partner organizations
• Create, select, deploy, manage and measure the effectiveness of sales training programs, leveraging all delivery mechanisms (face-to-face, virtual, self-study online)
• Evaluate the effectiveness of sales processes and tools, and support or manage improvement initiatives
• Manage external vendors and suppliers of enablement-related tools and training
• Ensure the sales force is prepared to effectively sell against the competition and highlight GE Digital’s unique differentiators
• Act as a connector to enhance collaboration between sales and services teams, to support customer success
• Stay informed on cutting-edge tools and technologies that may be leveraged to improve sales productivity
• Manage the Europe Enablement budget• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree/MBA a plus
• Proven experience in sales and/or sales enablement, training & development with demonstrated success leading teams
• Excellent teaming skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate and effectively own/drive programs within a remote team
• Product or Industry Marketing experience strongly desired
• Experience designing and rolling out Value/Outcome-focused Sales Methodologies for Account and Opportunity Management
• Consulting and large program/project management expertise
• Strong knowledge of adult learning principles
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the organizational matrix• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment juggling and executing on multiple priorities and priorities that may shift over time
• Experience building, delivering and monitoring successful sales enablement programs that included a solution/value selling framework, sales enablement tool kits and effective metrics and reinforcement that changed sales behavior and improved outcomes
• Analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on business needs and priorities to go beyond the status quo
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
• Deep understanding of Salesforce.COM
• Knowledge of broader GE strategies and priorities
• Familiarity with individual GE business’ products, strategy and priorities