Senior Global Commodity Leader (M/F)
Job Number2677897BusinessGE Global OperationsAbout UsGE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedInGroup or become a fan of our Facebookpage. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Posted Position TitleSenior Global Commodity Leader (M/F)Career LevelExperiencedFunctionSourcingFunction SegmentCommodityLocation(s) Where Opening Is AvailableSwitzerland
CityBudapestPostal Code1138Relocation AssistanceNoRole Summary/PurposeThe Senior Global Commodity Leader (GCL) for Transportation and Warehousing is responsible for development and execution of the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities across GE’s Energy Connections business. This will require working directly with GE Energy Connections Sourcing Leaders, Global Operations Sourcing, business functions, manufacturing and non-manufacturing sites to drive strategy and deliver on deflation and other commitments to the business.Essential Responsibilities
- Commodity focus: Transportation and Warehousing categories include but are not limited to Ground Transportation (FTL, LTL, OOG), Ocean Containerized, Small Parcel, Air Freight, Rail, Warehousing and the management of 3PL and 4PL engagements.
- Lead a regionally dispersed team of Commodity Leaders to proactively execute spend analysis, supplier development, supplier negotiations, supplier surveillance, and contract implementation to meet overall deflation and productivity objectives within the assigned commodities at a regional and/or global scale.
- Deliver results by leading project teams using sound project management principles, including forming a core/extended project team, developing operating rhythms with team members and stakeholders, and developing, managing and completing projects on time and in scope.
- Develop and execute a sustainable long term set of global strategies to align with business plans and objectives within various sub-commodities across GE Energy Connections.
- Support the development of SII and other relevant operating business plans, and ensure in monthly/quarterly closings that guidelines were followed.
- Demonstrate expertise developing strong market acumen, including existing and emerging technology expected to impact the Transportation and Warehousing marketplace in the short and long terms.
- Influence stakeholders, internal business partners and suppliers to optimize use of the strategic and preferred suppliers and fully utilize buying channels related to Labor and Professional Services categories.
- Manage / actively support tactical execution of projects, escalations due to delivery / quality issues, invoicing / payables issues, database management, improve payment terms, assist internal customers with SOW (Statement of Work) development through to PO execution (as necessary).
- Proactively follow market indexes that affect the assigned commodities. Balance strategy development with the tactical support necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with business Finance to validate the impact of projects and contract negotiations to the ledger.
- Participate in GE Energy Connections and Global Operations Sourcing initiatives to leverage best practices; partner with Corporate Global Commodity Leaders and other Sourcing Managers to maximize synergies and global supplier management.
- Fully bilingual (English)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent knowledge/experience) or relevant work experience with HS Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Strong experience in Logistics Operations and/or Logistics Category Management, including significant leading globally dispersed operations and team members.
- Preferred locations: Budapest, Zurich, UK, Germany
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the European Union for this opening.
- Valid Work Permit for Switzerland (if hired in Switzerland).
- Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website.
- Experienced category manager able to provide a key contribution to our Logistics Sourcing transformation.
- Proven track record of success in leading a regional or global spend portfolio within a global procurement organization.
- Ability to implement best practices in areas such as cost management and supplier relationship management.
- 6-Sigma training.
- Bilingual in French is a plus
- Strong financial, quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Able to successfully lead and work with others in a matrix-aligned, remotely-led, multi-country and multi time-zone organization.
- Demonstrated track record of negotiation abilities in a sourcing/procurement context.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload, multiple & changing priorities, and constant deadline demands.
- GE leadership program graduate.
- APICS certification.