MEDICAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
In this new position reporting to the Medical Lead IV Iron of our joint Company, Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (VFMCRP), you will contribute to the development of the strategic plan and be responsible for the progress and management of initiatives within the medical plan. You will act as medical expert in the brand team within the area of Iron Deficiency/Anemia in Nephrology. Furthermore, you will support and execute KOL strategies required to position the products and the Company as a leader. Your main tasks will be the following:
- Develop high-quality scientific content for medical communication and materials according to Global Brand Plan and in accordance with guidelines and legal regulations
- Assist in the development, coordination and execution of medical education strategies such as symposia and speakers programs, including agenda development, review of content, slide review and speaker management.
- Analyse, interpret, and summarize scientific and clinical data; identify appropriate publication and presentation forums for the data.
- Conduct literature searches and interpret scientific literature for internal stakeholders, including competitor assessments.
- Manage and track the publication plan to ensure its timely execution.
- Work with external authors and thought leaders on abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, review articles and slide decks. Manage the review and approval process according to internal SOPs. Ensure adherence to good publication practice.
- Support marketing by providing scientific input and expertise in the development of promotional materials and events. Review all material for scientific accuracy and adherence to mandatory guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the global KOL plans in collaboration with Brand Medical Lead, achieving sustainable interaction with global KOLs and other important external audience
- Manage advocacy groups and medical societies aligned with global brand strategy
- Participate in and contribute to medical trainings of global, regional and local medical and marketing team members
- Act as member of the cross-functional teams involved into development, maintenance of the e-media and tools representing company, products, disease areas
For this position, we are looking for a candidate in profit of a medical and scientific excellence with a strong customer orientation. This person should also be able to work in cross-functional teams and display strong organization and time management skills. Furthermore, you should bring the following experiences and competencies:
- Scientific (Ph.D., Pharm. D.) or medical education (M.D)
- Minimum 4 years (ideally 6 years) of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with similar positions at a local affiliate as well as regional or global HQ level
- Sound experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development and strong Medical Affairs skills
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical scientific literature and proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent level in English both in oral and written communications; knowledge of German would be an asset
You demonstrate outstanding analytical skills and are able to work and champion ideas at international level with an entrepreneurial thinking and spirit in its work. Furthermore, you prove to take a systematic approach to successfully resolve issue and have the ability to examine issues from multiple perspectives. Your strong teamwork skills will allow you to be successful in this position and act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma is a pharmaceutical company that focuses on nephrology. The company is a joint operation between Vifor Pharma, offering pharma experience, and Fresenius Medical Care, one of the world’s leading providers of dialysis services. Since 2010, Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma has been operating as a common company owned by the parent company of Vifor Pharma, Galenica (55%), and by Fresenius Medical Care (45%). For more information about Vifor Pharma and its parent company Galenica, please visit www.viforpharma.comand www.galenica.com.