Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd. is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: BSLN). It focuses on products that address increasing resistance and non-response to current treatment options in the therapeutic areas of bacterial infections, fungal infections and cancer. The company uses the integrated research, development
and commercial operations of its subsidiary Basilea Pharmaceutica International Ltd. to discover, develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products to meet the medical needs of patients with serious and potentially life-threatening conditions.
To strengthen our Medical Affairs team, part of our Development organization, we are looking for a motivated
Global Medical Science Liaison Leader (M/F)
- Develop/lead a global MSL team ensuring that all scientific and medical-scientific educational activities are conducted in a compliant manner and in accordance with Basilea Medical Affairs Plan
- Ensure that global MSL team are appropriately trained across brands and continually updated with the latest scientific information on the brands, competitive environment and medical-scientific advances in the therapeutic area
- Manage and evaluate in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers the performance and execution of the global MSL team regarding the global/local MSL strategic and tactical plan and ensure the personal accountability, ownership and achievement of individual and team goals
- Define and maintain in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers, a global/local Medical Affairs medical expert segmentation and targeting strategy to allow coordination of MSL resources and services
- Support global MSL team to develop standardized response letters (SRL) and to respond to unsolicited requests for on and off label information
- Contribute in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers, to ensure effective selection and execution of investigator-initiated clinical trials, and effective and timely communication of scientific information arising from such studies
- Contribute in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers to drive global/local key medical expert (ME) advocacy development activities across the geography and with each MSL to facilitate future formularies and local guideline inclusion
- Lead and manage change initiatives as needed to enable positive business outcomes
- Scientific degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development
- Experience leading MSL teams and ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Experience with product medical strategy development and execution and expertise in drug information communication
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, written and oral
- Strong knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development and MSL areas
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- English language proficiency, any other language is an asset
- Good IT-user skills in MS-Office programs
We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.
We look forward to receiving your online application including your complete documents. For additional information please contact Ms Nadine Pfrüner.
Please apply online: http://www.basilea.com/Careers/