Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd. is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX:BSLN). Through its fully integrated research and development operations the company focuses on the development of innovative antibiotics, antifungals and oncology drugs, targeting the medical challenge of rising resistance and non-response to current treatment options.
To strengthen our Medical Affairs team, part of our Development organization, we are looking for a motivated
Global Medical Science Liaison Leader (M/F)
- Develop/lead a global MSL team ensuring that all scientific and medical-scientific educational activities are conducted in a compliant manner and in accordance with Basilea Medical Affairs Plan
- Ensure that global MSL team are appropriately trained across brands and continually updated with the latest scientific information on the brands, competitive environment and medical-scientific advances in the therapeutic area
- Manage and evaluate in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers the performance and execution of the global MSL team regarding the global/local MSL strategic and tactical plan and ensure the personal accountability, ownership and achievement of individual and team goals
- Define and maintain in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers, a global/local Medical Affairs medical expert segmentation and targeting strategy to allow coordination of MSL resources and services
- Support global MSL team to develop standardized response letters (SRL) and to respond to unsolicited requests for on and off label information
- Contribute in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers, to ensure effective selection and execution of investigator-initiated clinical trials, and effective and timely communication of scientific information arising from such studies
- Contribute in collaboration with Country/Cluster Medical Managers to drive global/local key medical expert (ME) advocacy development activities across the geography and with each MSL to facilitate future formularies and local guideline inclusion
- Lead and manage change initiatives as needed to enable positive business outcomes
- Scientific degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development
- Experience leading MSL teams and ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Experience with product medical strategy development and execution and expertise in drug information communication
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, written and oral
- Strong knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development and MSL areas
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- English language proficiency, any other language is an asset
- Good IT-user skills in MS-Office programs
We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.
We look forward to receiving your online application including your complete documents. For additional information please contact Ms Nadine Pfrüner.
Please apply online: http://www.basilea.com/Careers/