Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients. As a company, Biogen recognizes that cutting-edge science and medicines can change the course of devastating diseases. For more information please visit: www.biogen.com/careers
This is a global, strategic sourcing position responsible for providing analytical support for the development and execution of sourcing strategies for the assigned categories of spend (External Manufacturing and Distribution and Logistics). This includes supporting Team Lead and its category managers in several sourcing assignments. These may include support to Sourcing Managers in developing an understanding of key stakeholders sourcing needs, performing market research, generating analytics for sourcing strategies, and supporting execution of sourcing strategies (eg, creating competitive bidding packages, performing should-cost analyses, developing contractual term sheets, Net present value analysis, D&B reports analysis, etc.). In addition, this role supports supplier relationship management by tracking and reporting key supplier performance metrics. At times, the individual may be asked to lead low or medium-impact sourcing initiatives and teams
Snr Strategic Sourcing Analyst
- Researches and analyzes categories in support of the development of sourcing strategies. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, conducting market research, and analyzing both in support of developing sourcing strategies.
- Supports execution of sourcing strategies. This includes developing and tracking sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related analyses of the sourcing initiative (e.g., development of RFx packages, analyzing RFx responses, performing some business due diligence efforts, including periodic on-site due diligence at prospective suppliers), developing term sheets for contract negotiations.
- Supports category maintenance. This includes contract life-cycle management (e.g., tracking, queuing, and preparing for contract renewals, terminations, addendums, updating pricing annually, etc.), category database management (e.g., refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and providing critical business intelligence to Category Managers real-time (e.g., M&A activity, bankruptcy, compliance issues, expansion of product offerings, new competition, political changes, etc.).
- Supports continuous improvement. This includes both participating in department/category business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, etc.) and personal development.
- Support supplier relationship management. This includes tracking and reporting key performance indicators for the category of spend, supporting some of the operational due diligence efforts (e.g., being a SME during quality audits, participating quarterly business reviews with strategic partners, etc.)
Qualifications / Skills
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries in operations preferred with at least one year of experience in sourcing
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and work in cross functional teams
- Good analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Fluent English is mandatory, any other European Language is an asset
- Bachelor Degree in life sciences or related faculties preferred