Founded in 1978, Biogen is the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our industry-leading multiple sclerosis (MS) products. We have one of the strongest late-stage pipelines in the industry. In the coming years, we’re working hard to bring new therapies to market for patients with MS, hemophilia, and others. For additional information about the company and positions available, please visit www.biogen.com/careers.
The Logistics Specialist oversees and manages daily Supply Chain activities for International markets. He or she is responsible for movements of Commercial Product through the Supply Chain. The Logistics Specialist acts as liaison with internal and external customers and vendors. In addition, the Logistics Specialist analyzes cross functional and logistics processes and identifies/ implements solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain. The ultimate goal of the Logistics Specialist is to ensure desired customer service levels are met and to ensure continuous product supply.
(Snr) Logistics Specialist (FTC)
- Oversee and manage daily supply chain activities for International markets; which encompasses: order management, customer service, shipment management, sales administrative activities, creation and review of shipping documentation, reporting sales/cost analysis
- Management of Customer Relationships – maintain high level of Customer Service
- Daily cross functional interaction with Logistics Partners/Providers, Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Biogen functions as it relates to coordination of shipments and product availability; all to ensure timely and continuous product supply
- Process the necessary ERP transactions according to standard operating procedures and SOx compliance guidelines. Perform Financial Month End Reconciliation for his or her markets
- Work with Quality Assurance to promote and maintain GxP compliance throughout the logistics network within the scope of the Logistics Team. Exceptions handling – Investigate exceptions, determine root causes, implement CAPAs and drive closure
- Drive efficiency in working with Logistics Providers/Partners; whilst balancing cost effectiveness, quality of the services provided and customer expectations. Analyze cross functional and logistics processes and identify/implement solutions in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain and to ensure desired customer service levels are met.
- (Cross functional) project management and/or support. Participation in audits where required
Qualifications / skills:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a Logistics / Supply Chain role within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry or any other regulated industry such as Medical devices, FMCG, consumer goods, tobacco, chemicals, etc.
- Experience within an international and controlled environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor in Supply Chain related Education or Fachhochschule (Supply Chain/Export Expert “Logistikfachmann/Exportfachmann)
- Fluency English is a must, any other European language would be an asset