We are looking for smart creatives with exceptional skills in software design and development.
Senior Java Developer International Finance (Cloud Solution) 100%
Optravis LLC is a Swiss based company providing a unique software solution for operational transfer pricing management. Our clients are multinationals with production and distribution sites spread all over the world. To match the high expectations of our clients, we use modern technology and development processes. Having a market proven and mature solution in place, Optravis preserved its entrepreneurial spirit which is shown through a very dynamic and rewarding environment.
As a member of the development team you will improve our product, the Transfer Pricing Management Tool. This involves adding new functionality to the end user client (Swing/Java FX) as well as working on the highly scalable server backend component which is hosted in the Google App Engine. Depending on your background and interest, direct work with clients including traveling is possible as well.
- Design, build, and maintain clean, efficient and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in workshops with clients to define appropriate requirements
- Scout for and experiment with new technologies
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience in designing and developing large software applications
- Talent for writing clean, efficient and readable code
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks such as Swing and Java FX
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC and RESTful
- Basic understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with scalable cloud infrastructure
What’s in it for You
- Attractive remuneration and employee benefits
- Challenging work environment
- Young & motivated team
- Central office location in Basel
Are you interested to work in this challenging position? Please send your application to: Celine Stingelin, email@example.com.