The CMPG lab (http://cmpg.unibe.ch) is looking for a motivated
Genomics-oriented bioinformatician at 70-80%
to join our international research group.
Our laboratory is involved in the analysis of large genomic data sets and the development of modern statistical genomics tools requiring heavy computations.
The candidate will mainly have bioinformatics but also some IT responsibilities, and will participate to the maintenance and the development of dedicated genomic databases, web pages, and computational programs. He/she will be directly involved in current genomic oriented research projects, provide IT support for Windows and Linux users, and manage a small Linux cluster and its associated storage system (NAS).
• Degree in bioinformatics, computer science or equivalent experience
• Programming skills in C/C++, PHP, Perl, Python, R, bash
• Experience in Linux and Windows systems administration
• Knowledge of database management (MySQL)
• Experience in web page design (CMS and dynamic)
• Knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technologies
• Concrete bioinformatics skills in analysis of genomic data
• Experience in building NGS data analysis pipeline
This permanent position is primarily open for Swiss or EU citizens, or for individuals having a valid working permit in Switzerland. Initial salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If interested, please send a full CV, before October 24th 2016, a statement of interest and relevant references from previous positions (if applicable) by email as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earliest starting date is January 2017.