Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Bioinformatics / Database Research Assistant (40-50%)
The Tuberculosis Research Unit at the Swiss TPH is looking for a person to join the team as a:
The Unit conducts cutting-edge research on host-pathogen interaction at the lab/field interface. This work generates large amounts of multidimensional data. The candidate will work under the supervision of senior scientists within the Unit, providing support with the management and analysis of genomics and associated metadata.
- help maintain and update the genomics pipelines
- manage the databases
- interface with the IT departments at the Swiss TPH and the University of Basel, as well with external data systems
- knowledge of programming languages common to bioinformatics (R and phyton)
- knowledge of database management systems (SQL)
- basic skills in statistics and in next-generation DNA sequence and genome analyses would be a plus
- excellent command (speaking and writing) of English
The contract will be for 2 years with potential for extension. Employment will be according to standard regulations of the Swiss National Science Foundation.
A tentative starting date is November 1st 2016, but this is flexible.
Please note that we cannot accept applications via mail or E-Mail.