Inrate is a leading independent sustainability ratings provider, offering sustainable investment solutions to the European financial market. Based in Switzerland, Inrate has over 25 years of experience linking its in-depth sustainability analysis to financial markets. With its hands on approach specifically tailored to each clients' individual needs, Inrate has become the preferred sustainable investment solutions partner for countless financial institutions.
Senior Sustainability Analyst
The Senior Sustainability Analyst must build and leverage her/his knowledge on material social and
environmental issues pertaining to her/his assigned sectors. She/he will analyse and assess the
sustainability performance of companies within her/his assigned sectors and take full responsibility for
the quality of supporting research conducted by third parties for assigned sectors. She/he will assume
quality management responsibilities for designated Inrate products.
This function reports directly to the Head of Operations.
- Validation of the Inrate Sustainability Assessments (ISA) in compliance with the internally developed methodology for assessing companies on their sustainability performance;
- Conduct environmental, social and governance (ESG) research on companies based on primary and secondary sources;
- Continuous assessment of ESG relevant controversies pertaining to the companies within the assigned sectors; - Actively support the development of methodology;
- Propose and execute quality assurance tasks;
- Prepare customized deliverables for clients;
- Be the contact person for clients for the assigned sectors, answering queries regarding the methodology and the assigned sectors. Abilities and Skills Profile:
- Analyse and transform companies’ ESG reporting and data into meaningful sustainability assessments;
- Identify material and relevant information;
- Take initiative and work autonomously;
- Accurate and meticulous; - Outstanding communication skills;
- Fluent in English and ideally in either German or French as well
- Masters’ degree in associated field ( e.g. sustainable development, social sciences, economics, international relations or business);
- Extended studies are considered an asset (CFA, RI relevant courses etc.);
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
The place of work for this position will be Zurich or Fribourg and the starting date is the 1 st of January or earlier. If you are interested in this position, please send your complete application to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!