Application Architect (80-100%)
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients and a premium brand in global wealth management. That is why a comprehensive range of services and first-class service quality are essential – as are the committed teams that provide them.
Innovation, operative excellence and appreciation to our employees influence the IT of Bank Julius Baer. We invest continuously in the development of our existing IT landscape and offer through progressive thinking and efficiency the best possible service to our business units. As part of our global and strategic initiatives back office, channel, partner and wealth management systems will be replaced by future-oriented new solutions. To support our strategy, we are looking for the best talents who are willing to shape this challenging journey with us. If this appeals to you, then you should contact us.
The application architect ensures that the architecture guidelines and application landscape architecture principles are implemented correctly. In this position you have the responsibility to ensure the long term development of the application landscape.
- Acts as single point of contact for Project Managers and Solution Architects, in the role as Architecture Manager responsible for the application classification and for the communication within architecture (Intranet)
- Strategic development of the domain(s) according to business requirements and to future business development and developing the application landscape architecture
- Support of the annual IT strategy process
- Coordination of domain assessments
- Review of solutions blueprints and design documents according to the project classification
- Ensure that architecture guidelines and application landscape principles are implemented correctly
- Ensure compliance with the combined domain model
- For each domain ensure the technical consistency, integrity, and exemption from redundancy of the banking functionality, therefore ensuring an optimum implementation
- Guidance for Solution Architect and IT Project Manager
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Information Technology
- Good knowledge in Computer Science and Information Technology (frameworks, program languages, technology trends)
- Experience in modern application architecture (patterns, SOA, architecture methods and principles, conceptual work)
- Experience in application development, systems design/deployment, conceptual work
- Good understanding of the Private Banking business area (business processes, business needs, trends in the business area)
- Strategic ability to relate the application to the business needs and business vision/strategy
- Structured, innovative and goal-oriented personality with very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Determination (negotiation skills, assertive, proactive)
- Strong team and customer orientation in multicultural environment
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English
Mrs Noemi Widmer, Human Resources, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd, is looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. Mrs Noemi Widmer, will be pleased to provide you with any additional information you may require on the area of responsibility. You can reach Mrs Noemi Widmer by phone +41 (0) 58 888 43 34.