Senior Web & e-Commerce Developer/ Architect
- To design and implement all company web related projects (front, E-commerce websites, APIs).
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Participate in designing a highly scalable web architecture.
- Implementing users profile space to manage user data, profiles, nicknames, avatars, etc.
- Support and maintain the web architecture and infrastructure.
- To design, develop and implement a web server base chat service between users for the Mobile application while users are on line.
- Scale the resources (nodes, clusters) according to the user growth.
- Target for high availability .
- Define specs and communicate clearly with the rest of the team and management.
- Maintain a technical wiki and define web code standards (style, comments, etc.).
- Identify new state of the art web patterns, frameworks, environments and adopt them.
- Work in a cross-functional team, including external partners to design the integration with other API's, mobile apps or embedded software.
SMB, high tech device, new product to launch
Creating & maintaining the web software architecture (E-Commerce website, APIs)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or significant experience working with highly scalable and available web projects.
- Deep knowledge of modern web front libraries & tools (Bootstrap, Angular, …).
- Master one of the major frameworks (Symfony, Zend 2) or one of the modern major web environments (PHP, NodeJS, Ruby).
- E-commerce: already implemented one of the existing e-commerce solutions (Prestashop, Magento, etc.) or other self-owned solutions.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance and date protection methods.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Software quality: experience with Git, deployment in multiple environments & automation.
- Web architecture & infrastructure: experience in scaling & maintaining large web infrastructures.
- Database: knowledge of replication, backups, clusters and scalability (ACID).
- Cloud: already worked with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Digital Ocean or similar.
- 5+ years of web engineering / architecture.
- Ability to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision.
- Good level of English / French with good verbal and written communication.
- Swiss working permit or EU citizen.
My client is looking for a senior Web Developer to join the team involved in the development of its new range of wireless products. This position will primary consist in creating, optimising, evolving and maintaining the web software architecture (E-commerce website, APIs) and infrastructure (Scaling, Replication, Backups). Mastering the state of the art in the web industry is required.
This is a high tech environment.