Senior R&D Cosmetic Chemist
Kelly Scientific are seeking for a Senior R&D Cosmetic Chemist within our cosmetic partner localised in the Western part of Switzerland You will be report at the R&D director product development
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
Mission and responsibilities
Performs work requiring the application of knowledge in cosmetic chemistry and innovation in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of ingredients, methods or techniques in product development. Develops products, capabilities or technologies with participation and guidance of supervisor or others.
- Develops formulas based upon R&D briefs received from Marketing or due to Regulatory Reformulations
- Works with supervision to design experiments and schedule project activities.
- Able to accurately prepare laboratory batches, color matching juices, conduct stability testing and perform analysis on stability results.
- Able to guide Lab technician on preparing laboratory batches and stability readings.
- Initiate and record all other formula testing, including microbiological, safety and claims testing.
- Responsible of the scale up of the new formulas and piloting in the factories, discuss with the right people to get the right support.
- Assists in developing solutions to a wide range of complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Utilizes good judgement and makes timely, practical and technically sound decisions.
- Updates supervisor on Sr Manager on current projects on a regular basis.
- Disseminates all required formula information, including Batch Cards, Manufacturing Instructions, Specifications, Ingredient listing.
- Complete dossier documentation and raw material coding information.
- Communicates directly with individuals throughout the organization to obtain or disseminate information on projects.
- Maintains excellent lab documentation of results, conclusion and next steps.
- Develops technical capabilities outside the initiative environment that requires, creativity, innovation, analytical thinking. Look for resources, and takes ownership of the deliverables agreed with the manager.
- Meet with raw material vendors to source novel ingredients.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, including confidentiality and good laboratory practices.
Skills and competencies
- To manage and execute multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Develop capabilities outside the initiative environment that support the R&D organization to lead the Luxury fragrance business with innovative, products, services, processes.
- Develop capabilities outside the initiative environment that support the R&D organization to improve resources, efficacy of current processes.
- Interface with other functions in the organization: Initiative Management, Supply Chain, Procurement.
- University degree in related science field or equivalent.
- 2+ years technical related experience in the cosmetic or personal care products industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in English, any other language is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Utilizes good judgment and makes timely, practical, and technically sound decisions.
- Excellent analytical and product management skills.
- Demonstrates high-level of team spirit and willingness to be flexible and agile.
If you think your profile fits to this position, don't hesitate to apply online, and it will be a pleasure for us to consider your interest.
Your contact at Kelly Scientific:
PhD in Biology and Health
Consultant Professional Staffing Life Science and Deputy Manager