Temporary Senior Statistician
Temporary Senior Statistician - ( 1700006G )
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Temporary Senior Statistician.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
- Responsible for all biostatistical aspects of the project and/or trial, the statistician is assigned to
- Independently represent statistics function within clinical trial teams and defend decisions on statistical issues for the assigned project/clinical trial
- Ensures that the trial design is compatible with the trial objectives
- Discusses protocol and CRF with the authors and members of the clinical team/clinical trial
- Writes or supervises the writing of the statistical section of the protocol
- Plans details of the randomization methodology and approve the randomization lists
- Verifies the appropriateness of the planned statistical analysis and writes or supervises the writing of the statistical analysis plan, also ensures that all statistical deliverables based on statistical analyses plans are verified and provided to the appropriate clinical trial team members
- Writes or supports the writing of the statistical section/module of clinical study reports
- Maintains up-to-date project and clinical trial documentations
- Verifies adherence to statistical standards and SOPs within the project
- Supports and leads continuous development and improvement of statistics and programming processes
- Performs role of mentor for statisticians, statistical programmers and trainees
- Reviews and anticipates resource requirements for existing projects, provide resource plans and timelines for deliverables for assigned projects
- University degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, statistics or related disciplines
- Depth knowledge and expertise in statistics and its applications to clinical trials
- Knowledge of international clinical research regulations and requirements
- At least five years as a Statistician in Clinical Development in the Pharmaceutical Industry, or Clinical Research Organizations
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SAS and of software for sample size estimations
- Ability to work efficiently in an international team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and management/coaching skills
- Must be able to work according to timelines and achieve project deadlines
- Fluent English
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Primary Location : CH-BL-Allschwil
Job : Clinical Development
Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Temporary Work
Job Posting : Jul 27, 2017