Base Material Expert/Resin
“I want to stand out while being part of an outstanding challenge”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: 20-30%
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division is being created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They will provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs will also support markets with managing local spend.
In order to implement and drive the success of our new procurement model, we are looking for a highly competent Base Material Expert for Resin/Polymer based in Malaysia .
Are you ready to join a high performance team?
Reporting directly to the Global Category Lead/Rigid Plastics and Flexible packaging, you will lead and provide expert market and industry knowledge on resin/polymers market to Procurement Category Teams of Rigid Plastic and Flexible packaging. You will be responsible for the flawless execution of the base materials strategy globally. You will provide transparency to value chain and key cost drivers, drive competitiveness across all component to achieve best price for resin components
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop, build and lead the base Materials strategy, whilst validating with Category teams and communicating to other business stakeholders identified in process
- Assess risks in resin value chain, propose and agree action plans with Category teams
- Understand resin market and provide recommendation to category teams on Indexes to use in cost models or other sources of data
- Drive projects that will allow simplification and standardization of specifications, discuss with Category teams, Technical experts and R&D
- Capture innovation from suppliers and share with Category teams and other internal stakeholders, generate projects
- Ensure up-to date information and alignment across category teams on Safety and Compliance topics related to Plastics
- Investigate availability and readiness of sustainable solutions negotiate deals upstream to meet demands and requirements of Category teams and suppliers
- Promote and ensure resin suppliers adhere to Nestlé’s Responsible Sourcing Guidelines for materials in scope. Agree on a target with Category Leads, Head of Packaging
- Train Category teams to be able to use base material knowledge in their negotiations with Tier 1 suppliers
What is required?
- University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, engineering or similar
10+ years’ experience in the industry of plastics, resin based packaging, polymers on a global scope
Over a sustained period (>3 years) has demonstrated success in delivering competitive advantage to the business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category in charge
Has demonstrated successful use of Total Cost Ownership analysis, risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relationship management
Ability to successfully initiated, lead and implemented projects
Able to influence both internal stakeholders & senior management and present key strategies to Sourcing team and senior leaders
Has successfully operated in cross functional and cross market teams and with people coming from different cultures
Ability to manage change processes cross-functionally
Fluency in English, other languages will be an asset
What’s on offer?
- A role with responsibility and global scope
- We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment
- Consistent opportunities for training and development
What we are looking for?
Excellent leadership, strategic and communication skills
Outstanding analytical skills which can be translated into effective strategy
Self-confident, self-motivator personality who can handle pressure into a changing and complex environment
Ability to influence on others / executive coaching skills
Of high quality networking skills internally and externally at various levels