Environmental Sustainability Engineer
“I want to make an impact locally and have an influence globally”
Nestlé Purina Petcare Europe, Noisiel, FRANCE Fixed Term contract 11 months
NPP EMENA has created in 2014 its European Center for Operations Excellence, which has brought together experts from several countries in Product Development, Engineering, Quality Management, Procurement and Project Management.
At Nestlé Purina Petcare, we are passionately committed to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our dedication to pets, and their owners, directs everything we do, every day, everywhere. Today, Nestlé Purina Petcare is one of the world's leading pet care companies. We offer an attractive and dynamic work environment with a high focus on developing people.
In order to support the implementation of environmental improvements in our 14 factories, enhancing continuous improvement through cross-fertilization, and to identify improvement opportunities through tool usage and implementation of governance and routines, we are looking for an Intern or Apprentice to join our Environmental Sustainability team.
- Analyze all site energy, water, CO2, waste performance and provide monthly/quarterly reports for network and managers. Engage with factories to address deviations.
- Support all sites in completing and updating Energy/Water/Waste management tools (mapping, pareto, benchmark, DYI…). Study and analyse the information obtained through these tools and agree with sites on next steps.
- Support factories in doing benchmark and identifying areas for improvement of environmental parameters.
- Develop new Excel tools to ensure automation of the reports to management and enable decision making.
- Propose further development of the tools to better adapt them for its purpose, or propose new initiatives to facilitate identifying opportunities.
- Manage compliance audits: plan, collect reports and follow-up factory action plans to close potential gaps
Education and experience
Engineer or MSc Engineering ideally with specialization in Energy management (Water…) or Environment
Good analytical skills and detailed oriented: ability to provide meaningful reports of energy, water consumption, and draw conclusions. Ability to go into details to provide trustful reports.
Very good command at using Office & Excel in particular (macro/pivot table…)
Videos making friendly is a plus
Autonomous but able to transfer knowledge
Result focus, find solutions & challenge status quo
Good communication skills
Team player, willing to partner with factories
Show us that you are a collaborative team-player with positive attitude and a strong work-ethic. Your ability to ensure a sustainable environment in your area of Competence are safe for people, products and environment, in line with all corresponding regulations contributes to your and our success.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you atwww.nestlé.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com