Associate Specialist in Neurocognition
“Potential and purpose and like minded-people”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world.The NRC is organized with three large research institutes for Nutritional Science, Materials Science and Food Safety & Analytical Science. Research Units focusing on Clinical Development, and PetCare, complement these major Institutes. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the two strongholds of Nestlé’s fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
Demonstrating scientific curiosity and excellent analytic skills , you will be supporting scientific projects in the area of nutrition, brain and cognition (neurocognition) and will be developing new scientific proposal in alignment with various stakeholders and in close alignment with business partners.
- Propose, develop and implement new ideas/activities/projects to strengthen the scientific knowledge in the area of nutrition and cognition by preparing a cognitive science roadmap of clinical trials, and corresponding to the Innovation & Renovation business pipeline
- Integrate scientific knowledge with an understanding of the business reality and needs that consequently will impact the business Innovation & Renovation pipelines in this field, by successfully transferring projects and product launches to next level
- Propose, plan and deliver projects and explore patenting opportunities in the area of neurocognition
- Deliver support in Clinical Trial development plans and protocols with a strong understanding and experience of different cognitive methodologies to be applied as required.
- Provide Nutritional knowledge and expertise of impact on cognition.
- Drive and support scientific publications
- Maintain a strong external expert and scientific network representing Nestlé Research as a strong and credible scientific partner.
Education and experience
- PhD in Psychology, Cognitive science or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience working on human development along life span and strong expertise in test psychology (diagnostics)
- Knowledge in designing and managing clinical trials
- Track record of scientific publications
- Previous experience in nutritional research or pharma will be considered a strong advantage
- Programming experience in Web or App development will be considered a strong asset
- Fluency in English.
Show us that you have a strong result focus and the ability to take initiative and propose new and innovative ideas. Your collaboration mindset, problem solving skills and capacity to create relationships and networks is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are dedicated to apply scientific knowledge to Innovation & Renovation and have a creative mindset and you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at:www.nestle.com/jobs