Strategic Buyer / Starch and Derivatives
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Defined period of time, 6 months, 100%
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division is being created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They will provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs will also support markets with managing local spend.
In order to implement and drive the success of our procurement model, we are looking for a highly competent Strategic Buyer ( Starch & Derivatives ) based in Malaysia .
Are you ready to join a high performing team?
Reporting directly to the Global category manager, you will be responsible to support global tender process of the spent in scope, utilizing processes, tools and policies in place. In this role, you will also facilitate the strategy execution at market level.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Implement the category's strategies by leading some category projects.
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning.
- Ensure effective contract management follow up activities are in place (e.g. Supplier Agreements, SAP Contracts, purchasing info records, master data).
- Manage supplier performance and ensure supply to factories.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What is required?
What’s on offer?
- A challenging role to help drive the implementation of the Nestlé Group Starch & Derivatives strategy.
- We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment within modern “smart office” locations providing flexible & collaborative workspaces.
- To become part of the Global Procurement team within Nestlé and to help drive value into our business.
What we are looking for?
Show us that you have strong analytical skills with the ability to have a global view. Your passion, drive and excellent communication skills will be key to succeed in this role.
We enhance lives with science-based nutrition and health solutions for all stages of life, helping consumers care for themselves and their families. This reflects our conviction that the people are our most important asset. We make sure our employees feel this every day. If you want to make a difference apply directly in English at www.nestle.com/jobs .