Senior Specialist Brain Health
“I want to create a better world and build a better business”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products, such as the reformulation of products with lower levels of sugar, salt and fat, and the discovery and scientific substantiation of novel nutritional influences on human health. (learn more about the NRC atwww.research.nestle.com
Lausanne is home to the 3 strongholds of Nestlé’s fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC), the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) and the Nestlé Clinical Development Unit (CDU). They all investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
Combining innovative drive and strong scientific integrity in Nutrition, Health, Food Science, Consumer Interaction and Food Safety, NRC opens the way to develop Good Food for Good Life.
Demonstrating strong result focus and excellent communication skills , you will be providing key scientific expertise to drive break-through innovation projects in the area of Brain Health.
- Create a solid scientific basis for the development of Nestlé products with credible and consumer-relevant Brain Health benefits through the conduct of fit-for-purpose clinical and pre-clinical research activities, taking into account scientific considerations as well as business guidance.
- Act as principle subject matter expert in the field of normal and pathological cognitive aging, and nutritional modulation of biological and functional aspects of cognitive aging, with a strong emphasis on human intervention studies and clinical trial methodology.
- Propose new Nestlé R&D roadmaps in the area of Brain Health that are based on the state of the art internal and external science knowledge and that target viable commercial opportunity areas, with an emphasis on focused and accelerated applicability.
- Ensure coordination and cross-fertilization of project research activities across Nestlé R&D entities and drive appropriate information sharing across Nestlé entities involved in Brain Health; ensure continuous alignment between business applications and scientific initiatives through strong communication and appropriate flexibility.
- Support the Strategic Business Units and Markets to clearly communicate about Brain Health Benefits by creation of claims and support marketing communication to consumer/ customer/ patient
Education and experience
- PhD in cognitive sciences, psychology, neuropsychology, psychopharmacology or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in human clinical research in the field of cognitive aging
- Proven capacity to lead the design and execution of large scale clinical intervention studies
- Knowledge or experience in affiliating nutrition with cognitive aging
- Previous experience with research in industry environment is considered a strong advantage
- Experience in coordinating cross functional teams as people manager or in a project context is considered an asset
- Proven ability to understand and integrate non-scientific considerations with applied science (regulatory, product & commercial factors)
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Show us that you demonstrate excellent influencing skills and ability to communicate effectively with scientific, as well as with non-scientific audiences. Your curiosity, flexibility and ability to expand research domains beyond your current expertise is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English onwww.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.