Experienced Engineering Specialist
in Dry Extrusion Process Technologies
“I want the chance to stand out
while being part of something outstanding”
NESTLE PURINA PETCARE EUROPE Position based in Noisiel, Paris, France
Undefined period of time contract,
act. Rate 100%
Are you ready to join a small but very multinational team in a challenging role? NPPE started creating in 2014 its European Center of Operations Excellence, bringing together experts from several countries in Product Development, Engineering, Quality Management, Procurement and Project Management.
At Nestlé Purina Petcare, we are passionately committed to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our dedication to pets, and their owners, directs everything we do, every day, everywhere. Today, Nestlé Purina Petcare is one of the world's leading pet care companies. We offer an attractive and dynamic work environment with a high focus on developing people.
To complete the Technology Platform & Engineering department, we are currently looking for a Experienced Engineering Specialist in Dry Extrusion Process Technologies.
Your responsibility will be to design and implement lines from pre project documentation preparation, layouts, planning, up to defining line specifications.
You will also be in charge of defining and delivering detail standard design and you will support Business initiatives and execute European strategy. You will ensure the application of human safety, food safety, hygienic and environmental engineering principles. In your role you will be in charge also of packaging line continuous improvements activities.
This position will require up to 70% of Business Trips
- Define, maintain and own the industrial standard
- Establish engineering process standards and contribute to the Best-in-Class repository.
- Commission new production equipment and processes, monitor modifications, upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes.
- Define and resolve process problems through individual and team-based continuous improvement activities and structured problem solving methods
- Lead and/or participate in technical taskforces and expert networks for specific areas of technology for strategic petcare machinery.
- Support factories to comply with legal and corporate requirements for installations.
- Ensure a corresponding Change Management process is in place and applied, and drive the corresponding risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Support factory Master plans and other technical studies, covering product ranges, production lines and manning, future production capacities, layouts and the capital investments required.
- In collaboration with Technical Procurement define maintain list of qualified machinery suppliers.
- Compare offers, make recommendations & participate in technical/commercial negotiations for the purchasing of equipment & technical services and the establishment of key supplier agreements.
- Stay abreast of technological trends and procedures through involvement with R&D, outside organizations, suppliers & other professional contacts, periodicals, seminars, etc.
Education and experience
- Master degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years field experience (R&D or Operations) in the corresponding technical field, preferably in the food manufacturing or consumer goods industry.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with project management, detail design and lines commissioning.
- Working experiences at machinery builders would complete positively your profile.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with the ability to effectively work with crossfunctional and multi cultural teams
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to handle complex assignments with a proactive attitude
- Fluent in English
Show us that you are a collaborative team-player with positive attitude and a strong work-ethic. Your ability to ensure Processes & Equipments in your area of Competence are safe for people, products and environment, in line with all corresponding regulations contributes to your and our success.
Your ability to perform and support line commissioning, start-up and ramp-up are keys elements. Your facility to deal with Support factory initiatives as agreed in goal alignment meetings are assets for our company, one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences worldwide.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you at www.nestlé.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com