Associate Specialist in Cognitive Development
“I want a direction to follow and challenges to stretch me”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world.The NRC is organized with three large research institutes for Nutritional Science, Materials Science and Food Safety & Analytical Science. Research Units focusing on Clinical Development, and PetCare, complement these major Institutes. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the two strongholds of Nestlé’s fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
In an exciting and interdisciplinary environment, you will be developing and running scientific projects including clinical trials in the area of cognitive development in children. Demonstrating strong scientific insight and excellent communication skills , you will be managing the projects in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders whilst ensuring business alignment and impact.
- Propose, develop and implement new ideas/activities/projects to strengthen scientific knowledge in the area of nutrition and cognition in children.
- Integrate scientific knowledge with an understanding of the business reality and needs that consequently will impact the business Innovation & Renovation pipelines in this field.
- Propose, plan and deliver clinical trials in nutrition and cognitive development.
- Present results/methods in written and oral form to internal and external stakeholders.
- Explore patentable possibilities and alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a strong external expert and scientific network representing Nestlé Research as a strong and credible scientific partner.
Education and experience
- PhD in Experimental Psychology or Cognitive developmental psychology.
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing and managing clinical trials.
- 3-5 years’ experience utilizing cognitive assessment tools in children.
- Solid scientific knowledge on nutritional impact on cognition in children.
- Previous experience in the food industry will be considered a strong advantage.
- Proven project management skills would be an asset.
- Fluency in English.
Show us that you have a strong result focus and the ability to take initiative whilst maintaining good stakeholder management. An exceptional team spirit, flexibility and openness is what will set you apart among other candidates. If you are dedicated to apply scientific knowledge to Innovation & Renovation and have a creative mindset and you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at:www.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com