Postdoctoral Fellow 100%
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Gasphase and Aerosol Chemistry Group within the Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratory we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Fellow Study of Secondary Organic Aerosols in the lab and in the field using aerosol/VOC mass spectrometry with electron impact and soft ionization
- Responsible for the smog chamber operation for the aging of complex emissions (e.g. coal, wood burning, including mixtures with other precursors) to obtain quantitative information on the secondary organic aerosol formation potential and the gathering of soft ionization reference mass spectra
- Running the aerosol mass spectrometers in the lab and in the field together with two PhD students
- Support of source apportionment of field measurements with a focus on primary and secondary organic aerosols
- Support in guidance of two PhD students
- PhD in aerosol or VOC science
- In depth experience with aerosol mass spectrometry and/or chemical ionization mass spectrometry using aerodyne instrumentation
- Experience in smog chamber studies and/or in source apportionment and/or in programming (especially with Igor Pro) is advantageous
- Good publications during PhD
- Very good English language skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prevot, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5501-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland