PhD Student 100%
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2000 people.
For the Gasphase and Aerosol Chemistry Group within the Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratory we are looking for a
PhD Student Study of organic aerosols (sources and processes) using recently developed soft-ionization mass spectrometry and other instruments
- Field measurements in Zurich, Switzerland, in Poland and in India
- Statistical analysis of data using advanced factor analyses
- Analyses of off-line filters in the same regions as the on-line measurements
- Support of measurements of reference profiles in smogchamber experiments
- PhD thesis at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Master degree in environmental science, chemistry, physics, mathematics or in a related field
- Very good English language skills
- Affinity for statistics/programming
- Previous experience in on-line mass spectrometry for aerosols/VOCs instrumentation advantageous
- Previous studies in atmospheric research advantageous
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application online (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5501-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland